Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YAYACReaderUser

YAYACReaderUser 9 years 2 months ago #1019

Chocwise

Fresh Boarder

Hello Luis and everyone else reading. ;)
I just discovered YACReader and promptly installed it after reading it's GPL licensed and available for Linux and Ubuntu specifically. Good readers are actually rare for Linux. There's Comix, but its library is pretty much non-existant. Also it's not in development any more since ages.

YACReader runs pretty smooth on my rather old hardware: Ubuntu 14.04., 2x2,2 GHz, Nvida GeForce 8600GT

Its library is also very nice. I was surprised how well it automatically scanned my folders.
Though there are a few features I miss for the library. I think I'll create a thread for my suggestions next if there isn't already one.

I'll also donate a few Euros. I can't give much, but I might add to it every now and then. :)
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Chocwise. Reason: Fixing typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YAYACReaderUser 9 years 2 months ago #1025

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Welcome Chocwise!
It's nice to see a fellow Linux user who also likes to read comics. Funny that you should mention Comix, I used to read my comics with that one and it's fork mcomix that's still in development for quite some time.
YACReader's strenght is that it's very intuitive to use and has a very nice performance compared to *comix, especially with large files.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YAYACReaderUser 9 years 2 months ago #1028

Chocwise

Fresh Boarder

What I noticed, is that YACReader encourages you to virtually grab a book and actually start reading. You browse through the library and see all the nice covers. It reminds you of stuff that you don't really realise you had, when you just used the folder view of your file browser. ;)

YAYACReaderUser 9 years 2 months ago #1038

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Chocwise wrote:
What I noticed, is that YACReader encourages you to virtually grab a book and actually start reading. You browse through the library and see all the nice covers. It reminds you of stuff that you don't really realise you had, when you just used the folder view of your file browser. ;)

That is the idea :)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral