Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Library crashing when reordering reading list

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8000

PhoenixAndy

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I saw a post about this issue last week that was about 5 months old, but can't find it now, so posting a new thread.

I use the reading lists feature extensively to manage the reading order for shared universes, however whenever I try to reorder books within a list, YacReaderLibrary crashes. The change is saved, but clearly it's a significant frustration, particularly for lists which need regular updates due to ongoing releases.

Size of the list doesn't seem to matter - I created a new library and added a new list to it that only had 8 items in, and it still crashed.

It also doesn't seem to be an issue to do with libraries migrated from earlier versions, as again, I created a brand new library and the problem still occurs.

I'm running Windows 11 64 bit. This problem occurs on both the latest stable release (9.13.1.2307166) and the latest dev release (9.14.0.2310191)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8001

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I couldn't replicate the problem yet. What view(s) are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8002

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Also, send me you database, it is a file called library.ydb inside `.yacreaderlibrary`, you can find it the root folder of your library, if you can't see it maybe hidden.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8003

PhoenixAndy

Fresh Boarder

I'm not sure what the view is called, but it's the detail list of titles & file size etc, with the "comic flow" pane hidden.

I haven't checked to see if it's more/less stable with different views, but this is the view that's easiest to work with.

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8004

PhoenixAndy

Fresh Boarder

I'm not sure it's library-related, because I discovered that deleting the userdat folder (%USERDIR%/AppData/Local/YACReader) makes the problem go away and allows free manipulation of the reading list, at least temporarily, suggesting that it may be cache-related perhaps?

Is there any debug logging I can enable in the Library app that might help shed some light? If I can get the source building I'll run a local build and see if I can narrow things down a bit.

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8005

Luis Ángel

Administrator

please, do a backup of that folder when it starts crashing again so I can debug the app with those settings.

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8006

PhoenixAndy

Fresh Boarder

I have emailed a zip file containing the AppData folder to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Library crashing when reordering reading list 6 months 2 days ago #8007

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Ok, it's because of the hidden flow, if you make it appear it works, I suspect that if you launch the app with it hidden then the view isn't populated and then it tries to resort the covers when you drag&drop in the table view, causing a crash.