Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Dual screens (of which one is vertical)

Dual screens (of which one is vertical) 6 months 1 day ago #8008

LainX84

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I may have discovered the problem for which YACReader Library does not open sometimes correctly on my computer and I have to go each time and delete the folder "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary" and on the next reopening "recreate" the database of my comics.

After several tests, it turns out that the secondary screen (which is placed in vertex) is the culprit. If the application starts and for some reason is at full screen on the secondary, it crashes without leaving anything in the logs useful to understand the problem and the only way is to force it to close.

The problem is that once it "opens" on that screen, it will also try to open on the secondary screen the next few times and the only way to correct is to "disable" multi-screen and use only the main screen in landscape.

In this way, the application that used to freeze, goes back to working smoothly.

I hope I have been helpful but in case I remain available.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Dual screens (of which one is vertical) 6 months 22 hours ago #8009

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

YACReader saves the geometry of the window so the next time it opens it gets placed in the same spot with the same dimensions. This has been a little tricky across different operative systems and the code that manages it isn't great. I'll try to replicate and add some mitigations that would prevent the crash.

You don't need to delete the whole folder, if you open YACReaderLibrary.ini there is field "window geometry" or something similar that you can delete instead.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.