Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Page overview - size and slider

Page overview - size and slider 10 months 5 days ago #7627

Kebehansen

Fresh Boarder

I enjoy the page overview while reading which can be opened by swiping up from the lower part of the screen. When mostly reading with iPad Pro in upright position then only 1-2 pages before and after the current can be shown.

First suggestion will be to add a ‘page size option’ so you can decide if more pages should be shown.

The other suggestion is regarding the little slider which only appears when scrolling in the page view: can the slider be permanently visible and made bigger (now it is very hard to “catch”). Also moved a little up because when dragging it often the iPad confuses it with the big iPadOS-slider just below so you change to another app instead.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Page overview - size and slider 10 months 4 days ago #7628

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you mind posting a screenshot about the slider?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Page overview - size and slider 10 months 4 days ago #7629

Kebehansen

Fresh Boarder

Sure - here you go. I added a few explanations as well:
ibb.co/sCTPrHj

Page overview - size and slider 10 months 1 day ago #7634

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Thanks, I didn't notice it at all, the idea was to completely hide it, but I will keep in mind your suggestion, I like the look of the view without the scroll indicator, but maybe I can add an option to show a slider.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Page overview - size and slider 9 months 3 weeks ago #7656

Kebehansen

Fresh Boarder

Thank you for considering and thanks for a great app btw.

I can add a few more words with an example:
In comics with several stories in one issue then a story would start at page 60 (when looking at the table of content) but the YAC page number will usually be a little off. So comic page 60 will be YAC page 60+-X pages because of front page, colophon, TOC etc.

In my reading ‘workflow’ I will use a view where the edges/page numbers are cropped. So I tap the screen and get the controls up. I will then drag the slider in the bottom - but need to look at the top of the page to see the YAC page number. Then when I’m at YAC page 60 (which is not the comic page 60) then I need to turns pages until I’m there - or by bringing up the "page overview" by swiping up and find the comic from there. If I could bring the "page overview" with the slider from the start it would only be one process and much easier and intuitive :)