Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Set as unread function doesn't work

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7703

ChrisFhey

Fresh Boarder

I'm running into an issue with the "Set as unread" functionality in YACReader on my iPad pro.

I finished reading one of my manga volumes, and I decided to set it as unread again, but whenever I reopen it from page one, it resets to being completely read again.

My device is an iPad Pro 2018, with iOS 16.5.1.
YACReader version is 3.26.2.0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7704

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Do you use YACReaderLibrary? Could it be the reading synchronization?

I couldn’t replicate the problem so far.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7705

ChrisFhey

Fresh Boarder

I do use YACReaderLibrary. It's running in headless server mode at the moment. However, the books I'm having issues with are imported into my iPad, so I'm not trying the functionality on the remote server.

Would they still potentially be affected by the remote even if imported?

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7707

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Go to Import -> YACReaderLibrary -> Check the state of “Update local progress on sync”
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7708

ChrisFhey

Fresh Boarder

That setting is turned on in my app.

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7711

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Turn it off and try again.

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7713

ChrisFhey

Fresh Boarder

That seems to have fixed it on the local side, but is it expected behaviour that the remote reading progress doesn't get updated?

I've set my book to unread on my local device, but the remote book remains flagged as read, even after hitting the sync progress button. If I interpret the help text correctly, this should sync my reading progress to the remote, and mark the book as unread?

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7716

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Sync progress always tries to keep the latest reading position on the server, which is usually the desired effect. Imagine you want to import something to read it again, that doesn't mean that you haven't read that content already, so the server keeps it as read. Maybe I should revisit the sync behavior and add more options...

One thing I want to add though is more control on the remote browser side, so you can set things as "read/unread" remotely for example.

Set as unread function doesn't work 9 months 1 week ago #7717

ChrisFhey

Fresh Boarder

I think it would still be nice to have the ability to read a book on the local client, and then continue reading it on the server/remote when you don't have access to your local device. In this case I think it would make sense to have a way to sync your progress again, even though you've already read the book at some point.

I suppose this is a bit of an edge-case though, and being able to easily mark a book as unread on the server from the local client would probably solve this too and be a lot easier to implement.

Anyway, you've already helped me with the update local progress setting, so thank you for that. :)