Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad

Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad 8 months 4 weeks ago #7760

oldschoolcomics

Fresh Boarder

I have few .cbr (tried .cbz as well) which I generated using tar on WSL, Windows 10. The files open fine on the YACReader itself or the YACReader Library on Desktop. However, when I try to export them through any means (viz. iTunes, Google Drive, Files app), from the desktop to the iPad, the operation fails and YACReader on iPad returns an error 100. Initially, I thought it was an issue with the application but then I reinstalled and saw other .cbr/.cbz files, not generated by me and which had worked on the iPad earlier, work fine now as well. So I believe, it's an issue on how the new .cbr files were generated at my end. Can you suggest on how to create the .cbr files for the YACReader on iPad? Again, the files work perfectly on the desktop.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad 8 months 3 weeks ago #7761

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

If you use tar to create the files the files are going to be tar files. Which aren't supported in the iOS app.

cbz and cbr stand for Comic Book Zip and Comic Book Rar, depending on the format used to pack them, and they are just zip and rar files with the extension name changed from .zip/.rar to .cbz/.cbr

So make sure you just zip your image files into zip file and you should be able to use it in any of the versions of YACReader.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad 8 months 3 weeks ago #7762

oldschoolcomics

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the prompt response. I used rar, instead of tar, through the WSL terminal, and generated .cbr that way. Now it worked! I had several .cbr files I wanted to generate and that's why wanted to do them through a loop on the terminal.