Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Manga Mode

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6074

cybr_

Fresh Boarder

I have just updated to the newest version of YACReader and YACReaderLibrary but I am encountering an issue with the manga mode. Each time I activate the manga mode/reverse reading order in double page mode it works fine until I reach the end of the chapter where it deactivates and I am left with two pages that are out of order. Is there any client side way to fix this and if not can you please fix it in the next update because it is very annoying.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6076

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I can't replicate the problem, could you give me some more info?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6079

cybr_

Fresh Boarder

There is not much else I can say besides that I am on macOS Mojave version 10.14.6. Also I had not used YACReader for about a month but yesterday it prompted me to update when I opened it so I did and that's when the issue began.

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6080

Luis Ángel

Administrator

If you open the "go to page" flow the last to pages order is inverted when you compare it to the two pages in the viewer, right? and this happens with all your comics?

As I said I don't see this happening, so please, try to send me a comic file where this happens and maybe a screenshot of the viewer where the two inverted pages are visible and the "go to page" flow is visible. If you don't mind send them by e-mail to save disk space in the server.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6081

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

I might be mistaken but I can't remember that we did any modifications to the manga mode during the last release cycle. So theoretically there should be no change from the previous version.

Could you please verify that this used to work correctly in the older version? You can get it here:

github.com/YACReader/yacreader/releases/tag/9.7.1

If this indeed works in 9.7.1 and is a regression you will need to supply us with the necessary information to reproduce the issue, including what format the files you are reading have, what exactly a chapter is on the file (and not comic) level and how the files inside the comic book archives are structured and named.

Ideally, you could supply us a simple example file (but please note that for legal reasons we cannot accept pirated comics).
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6082

cybr_

Fresh Boarder

For some reason when I tried opening a file using version 9.7.1 it gave me an error message saying the library was created with a newer version. I'm not sure how to email the files so I'll attach them here for now then delete them after the issue is resolved.
Attachments:

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6083

Luis Ángel

Administrator

There is a contact section in the web.

And you can use YACReader alone without opening YACReaderLibrary, that way you can check what happens with 9.7.1

Anyway, I don’t see the problem, the pages in manga mode are inverted as they should be…or what do you expect?

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6084

cybr_

Fresh Boarder

The problem is that the inverted pages revert back to normal once I get to the next chapter as seen in the third screenshot. Also I will test the reader in 9.7.1 right away

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6085

cybr_

Fresh Boarder

The issue is not present with YACReader version 9.7.1

Manga Mode 2 years 10 months ago #6086

Luis Ángel

Administrator

If you open the comic directly from YACReader I think the behaviour is the same in 9.8.x and 9.7.1.

To fix your problem go to YACReaderLibrary, find the folder where these comics are, right click and "set as manga".
  • Page: