- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
DSM for Synology's NAS
- dr0ne23
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago #2068
by dr0ne23
DSM for Synology's NAS was created by dr0ne23
Hi there!
Have you ever consider creating a port of the Library for a NAS?
For us users would be really convenient, as having the server always on would allow us to synchronize much more easily and use the "online" reading more frequently.
I add here a couple of links for your consideration and review:
- SynoCommunity , repository of packages for Synology NAS
- spksrc , cross compilation framework to create native packages for the Synology's NAS
Thank you very much
P.S.: I'm just a user of Synology's NAS not related to the company in any way
Have you ever consider creating a port of the Library for a NAS?
For us users would be really convenient, as having the server always on would allow us to synchronize much more easily and use the "online" reading more frequently.
I add here a couple of links for your consideration and review:
- SynoCommunity , repository of packages for Synology NAS
- spksrc , cross compilation framework to create native packages for the Synology's NAS
Thank you very much
P.S.: I'm just a user of Synology's NAS not related to the company in any way
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago #2080
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Yeah, in fact this is one of the targets for the new headless version of YACReaderLibrary. I don't know if it is possible with the curren status of the project, but I think that the YACReaderLibraryServer.pro project should be portable enough to be built for NAS.
Do you have any experience compiling for these kind of systems?
Do you have any experience compiling for these kind of systems?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
10 years 7 months ago #2128
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
I tried, but I'm not even capable of understand how to make the Synology package using
github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 7 months ago #2129
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Thank you for the link, I will give it a shot
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 7 months ago #2130
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Just to let you know, the main problem here will be getting the Qt toolkit we heavily rely on to run with this toolchain. Since embedded versions of Qt do exist this certainly is doable, but it still will be a challenge.
Another option would be to create a Docker image for YACReader. Synology chose to do this with at least one Qt based app, the LXQT desktop environment, so it's probably a good approach. We'd lose some performance to virtualization/emulation, but we would avoid having to compile Qt and providing a seperate package for each NAS.
Another option would be to create a Docker image for YACReader. Synology chose to do this with at least one Qt based app, the LXQT desktop environment, so it's probably a good approach. We'd lose some performance to virtualization/emulation, but we would avoid having to compile Qt and providing a seperate package for each NAS.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hnemesio
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #5168
by hnemesio
Replied by hnemesio on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Hi there,
I have used YACReader for quite some time now and I'd run YACReaderLibrary on my laptop and YACReader on my iPad.
I've recently bought a Synology DS220j and was happy to find that there was a docker container for YACReader but....the docker package is not supported on my NAS.
I then stumbled upon this old thread.
Are there any news on this subject? An .spk for YACReader
I'd be thrilled to be able to continue using it in my NAS.
Is there any other way to install YACReaderLibrary in my NAS without using the docker container?
Regards,
Henrique
I have used YACReader for quite some time now and I'd run YACReaderLibrary on my laptop and YACReader on my iPad.
I've recently bought a Synology DS220j and was happy to find that there was a docker container for YACReader but....the docker package is not supported on my NAS.
I then stumbled upon this old thread.
Are there any news on this subject? An .spk for YACReader
I'd be thrilled to be able to continue using it in my NAS.
Is there any other way to install YACReaderLibrary in my NAS without using the docker container?
Regards,
Henrique
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TransModeV
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #5169
by TransModeV
Replied by TransModeV on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Hi Henrique,
I found a bit of a workaround until there is a YACReaderLibrary for Synology NAS. I set up a windows VM on it and loaded YACReaderLibrary so that it is always running and ready to sync.
Philip
I found a bit of a workaround until there is a YACReaderLibrary for Synology NAS. I set up a windows VM on it and loaded YACReaderLibrary so that it is always running and ready to sync.
Philip
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by TransModeV.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hnemesio
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #5171
by hnemesio
Replied by hnemesio on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Hi Philip,
Thank you for the tip, how much RAM do you have? My fear is my humble 512 MB RAM for a windows VM
Thank you for the tip, how much RAM do you have? My fear is my humble 512 MB RAM for a windows VM
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TransModeV
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #5176
by TransModeV
Replied by TransModeV on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
For the VM or for the NAS as a whole?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hnemesio
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #5177
by hnemesio
Replied by hnemesio on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
NAS...
VM is close to impossible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel