- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
DSM for Synology's NAS
- TransModeV
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 5 months ago #5178
by TransModeV
Replied by TransModeV on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
NAS Specs
Model DS918+
CPU INTEL Celeron J3455
Clock Speed 1.5
CPU Cores 4
Total physical Memory 16 GB
DSM Version DSM 6.22-24922 Update 6
NAS VM Specs
CPU Cores 2
CPU Compatibility Mode Disabled
CPU Relative Waight Normal
Memory 4 GB
BIOS Legacy BIOS
OS Windows 10 1909
Limited apps installed and YAC Reader Library set to boot with the system.
I hope that helps
Philip
Model DS918+
CPU INTEL Celeron J3455
Clock Speed 1.5
CPU Cores 4
Total physical Memory 16 GB
DSM Version DSM 6.22-24922 Update 6
NAS VM Specs
CPU Cores 2
CPU Compatibility Mode Disabled
CPU Relative Waight Normal
Memory 4 GB
BIOS Legacy BIOS
OS Windows 10 1909
Limited apps installed and YAC Reader Library set to boot with the system.
I hope that helps
Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stabary
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #5544
by stabary
Replied by stabary on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Hi,
brand new user of YAC Reader Library (so far I was only using YAC reader fo viewing my CBR/CBZs), I like it a lot.
Especially because I am an iPhone and iPad user and this allows me to access my very very very large comics database without having to store any.
As I am also a Synology NAS user, I went straight to the forum to learn more about the potential way of running it from there and unfortunately my NAS being a small home user one (DS414J with 512Mo RAM) there is no way I can run a VM on it.
Now, I read from Luis and Selmf that the issue might come from the use of QT. Now if the full packaging of YACReader Library to DSM is too complicated, wouldn't it be possible to only port the headless server? This would mean having to run some kind of YAVReader Library Manager still on a desktop (Linux, Windows or MacOS) with its configuration and OLTP data stored in a file or in a database running as well on the NAS (where the comings cbz and cbr are anyway) and the only thing actually running on the NAS is the server module answering to iOS requests making the comics available anywhere for reading. I doubt you use any QT Artifacts there, do you?
Regards
STephane
brand new user of YAC Reader Library (so far I was only using YAC reader fo viewing my CBR/CBZs), I like it a lot.
Especially because I am an iPhone and iPad user and this allows me to access my very very very large comics database without having to store any.
As I am also a Synology NAS user, I went straight to the forum to learn more about the potential way of running it from there and unfortunately my NAS being a small home user one (DS414J with 512Mo RAM) there is no way I can run a VM on it.
Now, I read from Luis and Selmf that the issue might come from the use of QT. Now if the full packaging of YACReader Library to DSM is too complicated, wouldn't it be possible to only port the headless server? This would mean having to run some kind of YAVReader Library Manager still on a desktop (Linux, Windows or MacOS) with its configuration and OLTP data stored in a file or in a database running as well on the NAS (where the comings cbz and cbr are anyway) and the only thing actually running on the NAS is the server module answering to iOS requests making the comics available anywhere for reading. I doubt you use any QT Artifacts there, do you?
Regards
STephane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 10 months ago #5548
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
Qt is formed by a variety of modules, the one that takes care of the GUI is just one of them, and the headless server doesn’t use it, so there is no way to remove Qt as a dependency.
But if you are willing to run it in a computer you can try to connect your NAS to your computer (e.g. using s shared folder) and use YACReaderLibrary as the server accessing the contents in your NAS.
But if you are willing to run it in a computer you can try to connect your NAS to your computer (e.g. using s shared folder) and use YACReaderLibrary as the server accessing the contents in your NAS.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- stabary
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #5549
by stabary
Replied by stabary on topic DSM for Synology's NAS
That's what I already do. But it forces me to give access to the machine that runs the server from the outside which my NAS is both configured and secured for. But that was worth asking. I'll see if I can do something from the source.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel