- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Update Prompt
- Huisie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 11 months ago #3385
by Huisie
Update Prompt was created by Huisie
I am using the portable version for Windows (6.5.3).
Every time I open YACReader, I get an update prompt.
Is there a setting or tweak whereby I can turn off the update prompt, please?
Every time I open YACReader, I get an update prompt.
Is there a setting or tweak whereby I can turn off the update prompt, please?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 11 months ago #3386
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Update Prompt
Uh … there used to be a setting you could add to the config file, something like
"NUM_DAYS_BETWEEN_VERSION_CHECKS=number"
No idea if this works in 6.5 and where the config file is located in the portable app. Search for "YACReader.ini". Why are you still using this obsolete version?
"NUM_DAYS_BETWEEN_VERSION_CHECKS=number"
No idea if this works in 6.5 and where the config file is located in the portable app. Search for "YACReader.ini". Why are you still using this obsolete version?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 11 months ago #3398
by Luis Ángel
The portable version is mostly abandoned, fixing it shouldn't be too much work, but I never find time for doing it. Why did you choose the portable version?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Update Prompt
Huisie wrote: I am using the portable version for Windows (6.5.3).
Every time I open YACReader, I get an update prompt.
Is there a setting or tweak whereby I can turn off the update prompt, please?
The portable version is mostly abandoned, fixing it shouldn't be too much work, but I never find time for doing it. Why did you choose the portable version?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Huisie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #3401
by Huisie
Replied by Huisie on topic Update Prompt
Thanks for getting back to me, selmf and Luis. Apologies for not responding sooner, been a bit snowed under at work and home.
To Luis:
I use the portable version because I only need a comic reader and, for this role, it performs adequately. I used to use CDisplay and tried CDisplayEX - not happy with the EX version's attempts to hijack my PC.
With portable apps, I can set them up and load them in PortableApps.com, then keep it in sync (via OneDrive) on each of my PCs. So, like now, where I am loading up Windows 10 Fall Creators Update as a clean install, I don't have to install and set up all the apps loaded into PortableApps.com.
I keep hoping you will revisit the idea of releasing an updated portable version, but I understand you are a bit busy ... thank you for what you do manage to do.
To selmf:
Thanks for the tip - would I apply that to the YacReder.ini file or the YacReader.conf file, please?
To Luis:
I use the portable version because I only need a comic reader and, for this role, it performs adequately. I used to use CDisplay and tried CDisplayEX - not happy with the EX version's attempts to hijack my PC.
With portable apps, I can set them up and load them in PortableApps.com, then keep it in sync (via OneDrive) on each of my PCs. So, like now, where I am loading up Windows 10 Fall Creators Update as a clean install, I don't have to install and set up all the apps loaded into PortableApps.com.
I keep hoping you will revisit the idea of releasing an updated portable version, but I understand you are a bit busy ... thank you for what you do manage to do.
To selmf:
Thanks for the tip - would I apply that to the YacReder.ini file or the YacReader.conf file, please?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 11 months ago #3402
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Update Prompt
Actually I don't know. I started using Yacreader with 7.1. You can try both. BTW you can help us being a little less busy by testing the current beta of 9.0.0. The sooner we have a release the sooner we have time for other stuff
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Huisie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #3411
by Huisie
Replied by Huisie on topic Update Prompt
Hi, Selmf
Thank you for getting back to me again. Apologies for the late reply.
I added the line to both the .ini and .conf files - nothing broke and the prompt has gone away, so thank you very much for that.
To Luis - thanks for taking the time to write and for all the hard work producing this app.
Thank you for getting back to me again. Apologies for the late reply.
I added the line to both the .ini and .conf files - nothing broke and the prompt has gone away, so thank you very much for that.
To Luis - thanks for taking the time to write and for all the hard work producing this app.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel