- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
New UI design for folders (iOS)
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #497
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
New UI design for folders (iOS) was created by Luis Ángel
Hi users!
I am working on the next version of YACReader for iOS and I would like to share with you the first screenshot with the new UI design for the folders. Many of you have asked for folders showing a cover about what is it inside of them.
In the screenshot you can see how folders are going to be displayed. Three different kind of folders: folder with comics and folders inside, empty folders, and comics with only other folders inside (at the next level).
What do you think? Get involved!
EDIT: I have updated the post with a screenshot of the new UI design for the flow view.
EDIT:
I am working on the next version of YACReader for iOS and I would like to share with you the first screenshot with the new UI design for the folders. Many of you have asked for folders showing a cover about what is it inside of them.
In the screenshot you can see how folders are going to be displayed. Three different kind of folders: folder with comics and folders inside, empty folders, and comics with only other folders inside (at the next level).
What do you think? Get involved!
EDIT: I have updated the post with a screenshot of the new UI design for the flow view.
EDIT:
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plbp15
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Bichin
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 4 months ago #498
by Bichin
Replied by Bichin on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
Oohh! I've been waiting for this so long! I think it's perfect, I like it! 
Thank you for your great work.
Thank you for your great work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- InStim
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 4 months ago #499
by InStim
Replied by InStim on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
I think that looks great. Good mix of showcasing the titles and providing information with the tags.
I don't have any real input for the other views. I use the list view primarily and it's been working fine for me.
Thanks for the preview!
I don't have any real input for the other views. I use the list view primarily and it's been working fine for me.
Thanks for the preview!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 4 months ago #500
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
Bichin and InStim, Thank you for your feedback
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 3 months ago #521
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
I dig it. I really like the idea here. Thank you for your commitment to excellence! This will definitely provide a more stimulating view for all of our iOS retina screens!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 3 months ago #522
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
Thanks zjDrummond. If everything goes well, the update should be ready in a couple of weeks
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ClarkandBruce
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #579
by ClarkandBruce
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Replied by ClarkandBruce on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
I did the update and I personally don't like it. I miss the Longbox effect with writing only. This new update looks cluttered.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lmikey
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #580
by lmikey
Replied by lmikey on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
i completely agree that the update is a step backward. Folders need to look different than single issues. How about a folder icon on the bottom half of the image?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #581
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
I want to have the most part of the cover visible, so I think that the better solution is to add some kind of color distinction between folders and comics. I will also add an option in the settings view for disabling covers in folders.
I will update this topic when the new design will be ready. In the meantime any suggestion is really appreciated.
I will update this topic when the new design will be ready. In the meantime any suggestion is really appreciated.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lmikey
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #582
by lmikey
Replied by lmikey on topic New UI design for folders (iOS)
That's great, Luis. I'll certainly use that option. As for the color distinction, I think a thick black border would do the trick.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel