Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling

Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling 3 years 2 months ago #5749

Mkjafu

Fresh Boarder

Please add Webtoon support or Image scrolling since I read webtoons and sometimes the don't go with long strips but rather short cut panels that gets cut since there's no Image scrolling.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Mkjafu. Reason: incorrect term
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling 3 years 2 months ago #5751

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

This a frequently requested feature and we would like to implement it, but it is a little tricky as our current codebase is for single pages only and we need to investigate how to extend it for multiple pages. We will probably have it one day but it is hard to tell when exactly.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mkjafu

Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling 3 years 2 months ago #5752

Mkjafu

Fresh Boarder

Alright then, thank you very much for responding. I hope the day you implement this feature comes quickly, but until then I shall wait.

Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling 3 years 2 months ago #5768

GiuseppeIII

Fresh Boarder

I would also love to see this feature. Instead of trying to load all the pages in memory, I think the best way would be to just have multiple pages alligned vertically (like two page mode but stacked instead of side by side), and to unload and load pages once they are a certain number of pages away. The only ios app that I know has offline vertical scroll is panels, but that app tries to load everything in memory which makes it impossible to read files with large sizes (~ 1gb). Thanks for all of the work done on this great application! I hope to see this geature soon :cheer:

Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling 3 years 2 months ago #5772

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

This is not a memory problem but problem of old concepts no longer working with new needs. We either need to come up with or copy a strategy on how to best draw a line of images. This is not rocket science. There are examples out there, but the question is how are we going to do it and what features do we want?
Webtoon mode is not the only feature not possible with the current model. YACReader needs to transition from a simple image viewer to something that is also capable of displaying and selecting text (take EPUB and PDF comics) and other features like better scrolling, rescaling, image enhancements, gesture and touch navigation etc. This touches a lot of fields and this is one of the reason we can't rush things.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Add Webtoon Support/Image scrolling 3 years 2 months ago #5773

GiuseppeIII

Fresh Boarder

Hmm... I think out of all the apps i've tried YAC has my favorite gesture and touch navigation! I also think the scrolling is as good as any other comparable app out there. Personally, I don't really care about pdf or epubs as I convert all my comics to pngs anyway, and for books I use a different server, app setup, but I can see how some may be interested in the feature. Not sure why rescalling would be necessary as YAC is mainly an offline viewer (?) and image enhancements seems like something better suited for a stand alone application, but regardless of where development goes in the future I am excited to see it!