- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
- DoraDeathzaurus
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 8 months ago #7347
by DoraDeathzaurus
YAC Reader Library - Sort Order was created by DoraDeathzaurus
Not liking how the only options for sorting is to eliminate the scrape data or having it sorted by issue number. Ideally, this should sort files by file name and options to sort by whatever other scrap data metric a user wants. Like if I want to sort everything by publication date, or issue number, or alphabetically based on issue title... whatever... This seems like such a basic function I am a little disappointed that it has not been implemented.
Great application otherwise.
Great application otherwise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 8 months ago #7348
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
The main reason for the lack of sorting is the three different views for showing comics...but I think I have a good idea to make it work in all of them, I need to find some time to see how it works.
And the other reason is that I really never needed it.
But yeah, it is in my TODO list
And the other reason is that I really never needed it.
But yeah, it is in my TODO list
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renns
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 6
3 years 8 months ago #7400
by Renns
Replied by Renns on topic YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
I would also really appreciate the ability to choose the sort order!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 8 months ago #7401
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
I shared a concept UI in Discord:
discord.com/channels/917481792179679263/.../1063871227812389004
I would like to implement it for the next release.
I would like to implement it for the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: rhaussmann, Renns
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renns
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 6
3 years 8 months ago #7404
by Renns
Replied by Renns on topic YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
Oh wow, that looks great! Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- whitehusky
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #7423
by whitehusky
Replied by whitehusky on topic YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
Just want to add my request to the list - I'd love to be able to sort by publish date, both in the Library app and in the iOS reader app. Ideally, I'd create a reading list of everything I want to read, which can contain multiple series, and I want to sort it in publish date so I can read the entire story arc in order. Right now, I can create the reading list, but then have to manually try to figure out which is the next issue. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- whitehusky
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #7424
by whitehusky
Replied by whitehusky on topic YAC Reader Library - Sort Order
Adding my vote to this. I'd love to be able to sort by publication date. First, when viewing a series, it's important because annuals I'll keep in the same folder as the series, but ComicVine lists them as a separate series, so only sorting by issue number messes up the actual order.
Second though and more importantly, is in the reading list - both in the library and critically in the iOS reader app. Ideally, I'd create a reading list of all the issues I want to read - for me, that's usually an ongoing list of recent issues across series to catch up on, and sometimes it's a story arc/event that crosses multiple series. I can create the reading lists now, which I do, but then there's no way to know what order to read them in. Being able to sort the reading list in publication date would solve that - especially in the iOS app. (In the iOS app, you can only see the publication date by a long press on the icon, which makes it even more difficult.)
Second though and more importantly, is in the reading list - both in the library and critically in the iOS reader app. Ideally, I'd create a reading list of all the issues I want to read - for me, that's usually an ongoing list of recent issues across series to catch up on, and sometimes it's a story arc/event that crosses multiple series. I can create the reading lists now, which I do, but then there's no way to know what order to read them in. Being able to sort the reading list in publication date would solve that - especially in the iOS app. (In the iOS app, you can only see the publication date by a long press on the icon, which makes it even more difficult.)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel