Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Meta-request - thumbnails of all pages of a comic

Meta-request - thumbnails of all pages of a comic 9 years 2 months ago #1066

Steve Simmons

Fresh Boarder

My first post here, and I must begin with a thank-you for both the YACReader/Library and another for making it open source. Some of my suggestions here are based on a very quick read of the underlying db tables and schemas. If you think it would be appropriate, I'd be happy to put my notes on the tables and schemas into the wiki.

I would like to be able to see a set of thumbnails of the pages of a given comic. With this capability there are a number of specific features I'd like added, but all of them rely on something like that capability - to be able to see *all* the pages of a comic at once, then select them for various purposes. I'll make specific features requests that would be easier to implement if those thumbnails could be displayed, selected, and arranged.

Note also that I'm not talking about a sidebar showing the individual pages such as one sees with ComicBookReader and some other tools. Those can only show a relatively small set of the pages at once. Instead I'd like to see something like
Pg 1Pg 2Pg 3Pg 4Pg 5Pg 6Pg 7Pg 8
Pg 9Pg 10Pg 11Pg 12Pg 13Pg 1rPg 15Pg 16
Pg 17Pg ...
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Steve Simmons. Reason: Added better description of layout
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Meta-request - thumbnails of all pages of a comic 9 years 2 months ago #1071

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

With the new grid view added to YACReaderLibrary (you can see it in the current beta) the UI part of this is already solved, but it requires a lot more work.

You are completely right about this. Sadly, the sorting of the pages in a comic depends on many factors and some times manual resorting is the only solution.

Eventualy, if the comics has too many pages some scroll will be needed. But by default the UI should be able to show 30 or 40 pages at once.

Thank you for the suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.