- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Zoom, Quick Navigation, File Info, Thumbs, Scaling
- Robla
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 months 1 week ago #9708
by Robla
Zoom, Quick Navigation, File Info, Thumbs, Scaling was created by Robla
Hello,
I've five suggestions on how to improve YACReader, sorted by the estimated effort to implement.
1. Scrolling while holding the ctrl key shouldn't switch pages, but zoom into/out of the image at the current mouse cursor position.
2. I would like to have the option to navigate to a page in page flow with a single mouse click rather than a double click. Ideally that would work even if the selected page is not yet in the middle of the page flow.
3. On the top right there is a widget that shows the current page, the page count and the time. It would be great if the displayed information can be configured (maybe with a format string). I'm especially interested in seeing the resolution of the current image, as well as the image file name in the archive up there.
4. When scrolling through the pages in an archive, YACReader does not generate the thumbnails for page flow. Only after opening page flow, YACReader starts generating them for the current and neighboring pages. It would be great if YACReader could do this earlier, when the page is accessed, so that opening the page flow shows the thumbnails right away.
5. When scrolling from page 1 to N YACReader is super fast. But when accessing pages at end of the archive, YACReader can take a long time to open them. It seems that YACReader has to sequentially extract all the images before the accessed one. This is especially visible when using page flow to quickly scan for a certain page in a larger archive. I think that random access in CBZ files is possible and YACReader could be much faster in such cases.
I've five suggestions on how to improve YACReader, sorted by the estimated effort to implement.
1. Scrolling while holding the ctrl key shouldn't switch pages, but zoom into/out of the image at the current mouse cursor position.
2. I would like to have the option to navigate to a page in page flow with a single mouse click rather than a double click. Ideally that would work even if the selected page is not yet in the middle of the page flow.
3. On the top right there is a widget that shows the current page, the page count and the time. It would be great if the displayed information can be configured (maybe with a format string). I'm especially interested in seeing the resolution of the current image, as well as the image file name in the archive up there.
4. When scrolling through the pages in an archive, YACReader does not generate the thumbnails for page flow. Only after opening page flow, YACReader starts generating them for the current and neighboring pages. It would be great if YACReader could do this earlier, when the page is accessed, so that opening the page flow shows the thumbnails right away.
5. When scrolling from page 1 to N YACReader is super fast. But when accessing pages at end of the archive, YACReader can take a long time to open them. It seems that YACReader has to sequentially extract all the images before the accessed one. This is especially visible when using page flow to quickly scan for a certain page in a larger archive. I think that random access in CBZ files is possible and YACReader could be much faster in such cases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 1 week ago #9719
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Zoom, Quick Navigation, File Info, Thumbs, Scaling
Thanks for the suggestions, it's really appreciated.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Robla
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
11 months 1 week ago #9723
by Robla
Replied by Robla on topic Zoom, Quick Navigation, File Info, Thumbs, Scaling
For my 5th suggestions I made a mistake. I mistakenly assumed that zip archives provide random access to files, since that is what I repeatedly experienced with archives in general. And for zip archives without compression and for rar archives this is true, but I don't think that it works with compressed zip archives. Even dedicated tools like Winrar don't allow for direct extraction of the last file, which is why I now assume that that is an inherent property of the zip format.
For zip archives without compression, YACReader already provides random access functionality. Since the size difference is neglible due to jpgs and jxls are already compressed I will make sure that my cbz files are uncompressed. Basically, the 5th suggestions can be completely disregarded.
For zip archives without compression, YACReader already provides random access functionality. Since the size difference is neglible due to jpgs and jxls are already compressed I will make sure that my cbz files are uncompressed. Basically, the 5th suggestions can be completely disregarded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel