- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Always start on Page 1 option
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 months 6 days ago #9868
by Korok
Always start on Page 1 option was created by Korok
Hello
I would request an option in settings I can activate to always start on Page 1.
I linked all .cbz to YAC and started to rename all my private picture zip files to .cbz.
I bundle all my Pictures in zip files, as it makes it easier to back up and transfer them in viewer files compared to thousands of single images.
But currently, if I open a .cbz in YAC that was already opened by it in the past, I will always start where I left off.
In most cases it is the last page/picture in the .cbz.
That makes sense for Comics/Manga in a way (even for books I would prefer that if I was at the end, I restart the next time, why start at the last page when opening a book).
But it is useless, for example, for vacation pictures.
As I do not read Comics/Manga on my office PC, where I have all my private pictures, I would like to be able to configure it so that I always start at the beginning, like for a file opened the first time.
I did not find any button I could click to jump to page 1 (only stuff like "next comic" ; I always had to scroll to the beginning page by page or use the PageFlow to scroll quicker or type in "Page 1" and press enter.
Yesterday I found that I also can press the "Pos1/Home" key.
This is still annoying, as I have to do it every time, again and again. I will never need to restart at the last position on my office PC.
I would be thankful if this could be implemented.
As a bonus, a button, for example, in PageFlow (next to where you type the page number you want to jump to) that jumps to page 1 would be nice. If it's in PageFlow, it will be only visible when you want to skip around in the book and not always visible like in the menu bar.
The reason I ask for it is, for example. Sometimes I have finished what I was reading and search for something new to start from my collection. I then quickly scroll through the first book of a candidate. Just to get a feel for the art style and content. I then scroll all the way back ( As I don't have a keyboard at my reading station, I have to scroll).
If I had skipped the book, like to page 100+, I just close the manga and reset it to unread in the library, then open it again. That's faster and less annoying than scrolling all the way back. These are moments I just wish to get back to page 1 quickly.
Happy new Year
And as always, thanks for this awesome reader.
I would request an option in settings I can activate to always start on Page 1.
I linked all .cbz to YAC and started to rename all my private picture zip files to .cbz.
I bundle all my Pictures in zip files, as it makes it easier to back up and transfer them in viewer files compared to thousands of single images.
But currently, if I open a .cbz in YAC that was already opened by it in the past, I will always start where I left off.
In most cases it is the last page/picture in the .cbz.
That makes sense for Comics/Manga in a way (even for books I would prefer that if I was at the end, I restart the next time, why start at the last page when opening a book).
But it is useless, for example, for vacation pictures.
As I do not read Comics/Manga on my office PC, where I have all my private pictures, I would like to be able to configure it so that I always start at the beginning, like for a file opened the first time.
I did not find any button I could click to jump to page 1 (only stuff like "next comic" ; I always had to scroll to the beginning page by page or use the PageFlow to scroll quicker or type in "Page 1" and press enter.
Yesterday I found that I also can press the "Pos1/Home" key.
This is still annoying, as I have to do it every time, again and again. I will never need to restart at the last position on my office PC.
I would be thankful if this could be implemented.
As a bonus, a button, for example, in PageFlow (next to where you type the page number you want to jump to) that jumps to page 1 would be nice. If it's in PageFlow, it will be only visible when you want to skip around in the book and not always visible like in the menu bar.
The reason I ask for it is, for example. Sometimes I have finished what I was reading and search for something new to start from my collection. I then quickly scroll through the first book of a candidate. Just to get a feel for the art style and content. I then scroll all the way back ( As I don't have a keyboard at my reading station, I have to scroll).
If I had skipped the book, like to page 100+, I just close the manga and reset it to unread in the library, then open it again. That's faster and less annoying than scrolling all the way back. These are moments I just wish to get back to page 1 quickly.
Happy new Year
And as always, thanks for this awesome reader.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 months 6 days ago #9869
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Always start on Page 1 option
You can check the shortcuts dialog, there is a shortcut to jump to the first page.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
9 months 6 days ago #9870
by Korok
Replied by Korok on topic Always start on Page 1 option
Hello
thanks for the reply.
As I had written, I had found that the shortcut is "Home" key (on my keyboars that key is called Pos1).
I also know that I can change it. But I can not put it on the mouse, only on a key of the keyboard and if possible I do try to use YAC only with mouse controll (as my reading PC only has the a mouse and I use the on screen keyboard if I need to type).
I had tried to but it on mouse wheel click, but that did not work, same as forward backward buttons on mouse.
Thats why I had the request or a permanent option I can select in options for the office PC I only use YAC to view pictures.
Here I already use the shortcut key but have to press it every time I open a picture cbz.
(I like that I can view my pictures as double pages und my ultra white screen)
And something clickable on my reading PC were I use YAC to read Comic/Manga (this PC only has a mouse no keyboard)
thanks for the reply.
As I had written, I had found that the shortcut is "Home" key (on my keyboars that key is called Pos1).
I also know that I can change it. But I can not put it on the mouse, only on a key of the keyboard and if possible I do try to use YAC only with mouse controll (as my reading PC only has the a mouse and I use the on screen keyboard if I need to type).
I had tried to but it on mouse wheel click, but that did not work, same as forward backward buttons on mouse.
Thats why I had the request or a permanent option I can select in options for the office PC I only use YAC to view pictures.
Here I already use the shortcut key but have to press it every time I open a picture cbz.
(I like that I can view my pictures as double pages und my ultra white screen)
And something clickable on my reading PC were I use YAC to read Comic/Manga (this PC only has a mouse no keyboard)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel