- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Android users
Can’t Connect Properly to Library
- Zdshoe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 7 months ago #8215
by Zdshoe
Can’t Connect Properly to Library was created by Zdshoe
Hi. I’m using Windows 11 and the 64 bit YACReader library. I have created a library and successfully (maybe) created a firewall rule to allow connections through the app. I’ve scanned the qr code but when I go to browse folders, there’s nothing there. I am very inexperienced with this type of stuff on computers. I was hoping someone might be able to explain it to me like I’m 5. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 7 months ago #8216
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
Hi,
can I see some screenshots of the android app or a video?
can I see some screenshots of the android app or a video?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Zdshoe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #8217
by Zdshoe
Replied by Zdshoe on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
Here’s a link to some screenshots of the android app in order trying to access the folders.
imgur.com/a/lU04peW
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 7 months ago #8218
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
What do you have in your library exactly? Do you have any folders? What is the structure? and what type of files do you have?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 7 months ago #8219
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
Are you use the latest versions of both apps? Android should be 1.4.1 and YACReaderLibrary 9.14.2.2402143
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Zdshoe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #8220
by Zdshoe
Replied by Zdshoe on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
I’m using the latest verisions and I do have folders. I’ve tried a single folder and nested folders. I have a mix of pdf, cbz, and cbr files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 7 months ago #8221
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
Can you open this in a browser? If so, share a screenshot http://192.168.68.119:8080/webui
And can you browse your library if visit http://192.168.68.119:8080
And can you browse your library if visit http://192.168.68.119:8080
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Zdshoe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #8222
by Zdshoe
Replied by Zdshoe on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
I can do it on the computer the library is on. When I try it on my phone or tablet it just times out. I can send a screenshot later when I get home.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 7 months ago #8223
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
That means the phone can’t reach the server, if you aren’t in your lan you can’t really use your local ip to access your server. The server needs to be always on to access the content.
You need to setup port forwarding in your router and the use your public IP.
You need to setup port forwarding in your router and the use your public IP.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Zdshoe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #8224
by Zdshoe
Replied by Zdshoe on topic Can’t Connect Properly to Library
Ok. I’ve never set up port forwarding before. How do I go about that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.