- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Android users
Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
- Wyldemusick
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 6 months ago #8338
by Wyldemusick
Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed was created by Wyldemusick
Not your fault!
The problem I'm running into is that Android devices are not uniform in handling, and some are downright uncooperative.
Moto G Power (2022) -- this blocks app moves to SD for some reason, so any data that should go to the SD card has to be set up in the app itself.
LG G5 - seems to move the app, data will not move to the SD card. This might be a format issue as the G5 seems to only provide a choice for portable storage. All the same, other apps move fine, along with their data.
Moxee MT-800 tablet -- hilariously, the problem child here seems to work fine, moving the app and sending the files to the SD card.
If I can find my old LG Stylo 3 I'll give that a whirl as well.
The problem I'm running into is that Android devices are not uniform in handling, and some are downright uncooperative.
Moto G Power (2022) -- this blocks app moves to SD for some reason, so any data that should go to the SD card has to be set up in the app itself.
LG G5 - seems to move the app, data will not move to the SD card. This might be a format issue as the G5 seems to only provide a choice for portable storage. All the same, other apps move fine, along with their data.
Moxee MT-800 tablet -- hilariously, the problem child here seems to work fine, moving the app and sending the files to the SD card.
If I can find my old LG Stylo 3 I'll give that a whirl as well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8339
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
Hi, thanks for letting me know. I tested it in a couple if devices and it worked as expected, but yeah, Android can be like this sometimes. I’ll see if there is anything I can do.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wyldemusick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dhernan3
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 5 months ago #8399
by dhernan3
Replied by dhernan3 on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
In my case, with Boop Note Air 3 C, it moves without any problem to SD, which I have formatted as extended storage (not portable storage).
But it would be great (I don't know if possible) to be able to access comics from file explorer without root. I cannot found them (to be able to open with other apps)
But it would be great (I don't know if possible) to be able to access comics from file explorer without root. I cannot found them (to be able to open with other apps)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 5 months ago #8400
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
The comics are imported internally and then processed to make it easier to open them later. I will add external libraries i n the future.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: alteran
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Starlock
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 5 months ago #8404
by Starlock
Replied by Starlock on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
Yep, running into the same issue here. It's acting like the app is moved but everything imported still goes to local storage. This is on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oosuoosu
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 months ago #8577
by oosuoosu
Replied by oosuoosu on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
This is a mixed bagged .... here is are some of my results..
Worked great on Fire tablet HD 10. I put in a 450 gb sd card and it worked great!!
I just got a Samsung galaxy tab a7 lite and it has been hell.
- I tried setting the app to save on the external and that didn't work
- transferred the save data to external but that didn't work
- went into Dev mode so that data gets saved in the external .. that didn't work.
If anybody else can tell us what device you are using so we can stay away from those or what's recommended that would be great.
I used to use this on the ipad but trying to have a huge offline library it wasn't feasible on an iPad.
Thank you for your great work!!
Worked great on Fire tablet HD 10. I put in a 450 gb sd card and it worked great!!
I just got a Samsung galaxy tab a7 lite and it has been hell.
- I tried setting the app to save on the external and that didn't work
- transferred the save data to external but that didn't work
- went into Dev mode so that data gets saved in the external .. that didn't work.
If anybody else can tell us what device you are using so we can stay away from those or what's recommended that would be great.
I used to use this on the ipad but trying to have a huge offline library it wasn't feasible on an iPad.
Thank you for your great work!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alteran
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 months ago #8580
by alteran
Replied by alteran on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
Yeah, ran into something similar. My Tab S6 Lite (2022) I was able to move it all to SD Card due to it running LineageOS rom, and it had "Format as Internal" option still enabled. My Tab S9 FE is running the stock Samsung Android build (which I hate), and it doesn't have that option. So my comics are stuck on the onboard storage currently. I am glad to see that External Libraries is a future item so that'll be nice.
I wish Google would support SD Cards on the Pixel Tablet, or that Samsung wouldn't make it a nightmare to try to get a clean Android system loaded on their hardware. Wouldn't have these kinda issues.
I wish Google would support SD Cards on the Pixel Tablet, or that Samsung wouldn't make it a nightmare to try to get a clean Android system loaded on their hardware. Wouldn't have these kinda issues.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oosuoosu
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #8585
by oosuoosu
Replied by oosuoosu on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
Cool, Alteran. I will try installing LineageOS on my tab to have the "Format as Internal" option. Thanks for the info! ... I will update this post afterward!
I haven’t installed custom ROMs in a long time and it’s gotten really complicated for me. Also I was reading you can’t downgrade the firmware. I accidentally upgraded the os to the latest one so I will forget about LineageOS for now. I would say stay away from Samsung unless you can install LinaeageOS.
Other than that at least prime days are coming so you might be able to pick up a fire tablet on sale.
I haven’t installed custom ROMs in a long time and it’s gotten really complicated for me. Also I was reading you can’t downgrade the firmware. I accidentally upgraded the os to the latest one so I will forget about LineageOS for now. I would say stay away from Samsung unless you can install LinaeageOS.
Other than that at least prime days are coming so you might be able to pick up a fire tablet on sale.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by oosuoosu. Reason: More information
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oosuoosu
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 10 months ago #9031
by oosuoosu
Replied by oosuoosu on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
New Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet, 8” HD Display on sale for Black Friday on Amazon for $64.99 CAD here. Might pick one up
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Y.O.B. Timbob
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
2 months 2 weeks ago #10160
by Y.O.B. Timbob
Replied by Y.O.B. Timbob on topic Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed
Has any progress been made on this? I have an old Galaxy Tab S3 with a large SD card that I'd like to use for comics and manga, but it refuses to move from internal storage to that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.