Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Android users

Support for external sd card on android

More
1 year 9 months ago #9141 by Rabi
Thanks for all of the work that's been put into this app. Any idea when library on external SD card will get support? HP Chromebook is my device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9145 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Support for external sd card on android
There is no ETA, the closest thing is moving the app to the SD if your device supports that behaviour, the SD needs to be set as internal stoage.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #9201 by Steppenwolf
Replied by Steppenwolf on topic Support for external sd card on android
On my Tab7 the data goes to internal storage even when the app is moved to sd card that is set as internal storage as mentioned.
So this is no real solution for me.
This prevents me from using the reader on my tablet since its a low int. storage one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9349 by ipottersmith
Replied by ipottersmith on topic Support for external sd card on android
Hi Luis- thank you so much for your amazing work on YACReader, I’ve been using it for years and swear by it to anyone who wants to self host comics. I just bought an e-ink android tablet to use with YACReader and was disappointed to discover I’m unable to install the app to the SD card due to a limitation in the OS. I would love to see support for downloading to external storage added so I can take my collection on the go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #9549 by Tomandandy
Replied by Tomandandy on topic Support for external sd card on android
I know this is an older thread, but I also second this notion. I bought an 512 GB SSD card back when i purchased YACReader for Android, before realizing that I can't use it for storage unless I also set it up as internal storage - which is something I would prefer to avoid doing.

So at the moment I'm still transfering the books I want to read on the tablet manually via the desktop server function and the SD card is collecting dust, I'm looking forward to that feature being added in the future.


Not trying to rush you though, I know that you are very busy and YACReader already is an awesome app that is almost flawless in my book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #9929 by DanteTheK9
Replied by DanteTheK9 on topic Support for external sd card on android
Any chance of an update? Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE+, and I've got the app installed on the microSD card, but imported books are going to internal storage. I've reformatted the card twice now, because I'd seen elsewhere that formatting the card as internal storage can take care of it, but this Samsung tablet doesn't have the option of how something is formatted, just a "Format Card" button.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 5 days ago #9933 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Support for external sd card on android
Yeah, Samsung devices don't support that very well.

I am working on the desktop version and after that external libraries on Android and iOS will be the next thing.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #10086 by Fangoroth
Replied by Fangoroth on topic Support for external sd card on android
I just upgraded from my 2020 model Fire 10 to a Galaxy Tab A11+ and I'm in the same boat. From what I've been able to find, at some point they just got rid of the option to turn an SD card into expanded internal storage, and "moving" the app storage to external basically doesn't move anything actually useful. As someone who never really knows what they want to read at any given point, this is painful.

I WILL throw this out there as a possibly helpful option; having recently gotten into Jellyfin, and making it work remotely via Tailscale, you can set YACReader to use the IP address associated with your Tailscale. Admittedly this is something I only tested a few minutes ago on my phone's hotspot but I DID get a connection so anywhere you go with safe WiFi you SHOULD be able to access your comics too.

Thanks for all the hard work Luis and I'll keep patiently waiting for the local library support update, that'll truely be a gamechanger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #10087 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Support for external sd card on android
I am working on it…

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!