Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Android users

How to Export Reading List Data

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #9530 by rift
How to Export Reading List Data was created by rift
Hi

First of all thanks Luis for producing a great app, I'm sure it can't be easy maintaining so many different versions of it.

I've started using the Android app and one shortcoming (that I know you're working on :) ) is the ability to access/import from reading lists for remote reading. As such I found it hard to to know which comic to read next when I'm reading a story arc spanning multiple different series.

As a short term fix I got my Wife (a DBA) to write me a simple DB View that I've exported to a Google Sheet. Now I just load that up on my tablet when I want to know what comic to read yet. Instructions for anyone who needs them.

1. I used SQLLiteStudio( sqlitestudio.pl ) opened the library.ydb in the .yacreaderlibrary.

2. I then created a view in the DB with the following code
Code:
select reading_list.name,comic_reading_list.ordering,comic.id,comic.fileName,comic_info.series,comic_info.number,comic_info.volume,comic_info.title FROM comic INNER JOIN comic_info ON comic.comicInfoId = comic_info.id INNER JOIN comic_reading_list ON comic.id = comic_reading_list.comic_id INNER JOIN reading_list ON reading_list.id = comic_reading_list.reading_list_id ORDER BY reading_list.ordering asc, comic_reading_list.ordering asc

3. Go to Data Tab > Pressed Ctrl+A to select all data

4. Right click anywhere on the data > Select Copy with Headers

5. Paste it into Excel or Google Sheets

Hope this helps someone :)
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by rift.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!