- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for Android users
How read comics from Google Drive ?
- MagoFelix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 months 1 week ago #9712
by MagoFelix
How read comics from Google Drive ? was created by MagoFelix
Hi
I have installed the Yac Remote reader on my tablet and I have managed to connect to the libraries that I have created on my computer with the Windows YacReader. Setting the IP 192..., port 8080, etc. So far everything is ok.
The problem is that when I close the computer I do not have access to them from the tablet.
Is there a way to browse my comics hosted on Google Drive without having the computer on? Directly from Google Drive?
Thank you.
I have installed the Yac Remote reader on my tablet and I have managed to connect to the libraries that I have created on my computer with the Windows YacReader. Setting the IP 192..., port 8080, etc. So far everything is ok.
The problem is that when I close the computer I do not have access to them from the tablet.
Is there a way to browse my comics hosted on Google Drive without having the computer on? Directly from Google Drive?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 6 days ago #9718
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How read comics from Google Drive ?
No, Google Drive is not supported. If you want to have comics available when you are offline you need to import them.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MagoFelix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 2
11 months 6 days ago #9726
by MagoFelix
Replied by MagoFelix on topic How read comics from Google Drive ?
Oh what a pity. Is it feasible to install the program in a docker on a cloud server and connect it to the library in Google Drive, so that it is always available?
On the other hand, have you not considered that the YacReader Androi /IOs app could read local or drive folders like the Windows program? That would be great to install on a tablet.
On the other hand, have you not considered that the YacReader Androi /IOs app could read local or drive folders like the Windows program? That would be great to install on a tablet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 5 days ago #9730
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How read comics from Google Drive ?
The server can actually run on Docker, there is an official image:
hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver
But it needs access to local files, so if you keep your Google Drive backed up locally it will work with that, but it can't read directly from Google Drive.
And yes, support for external libraries will happen in future releases.
A lot of stuff that doesn't translate into new features is going on right now, hopefully I'll be able to start working on external libraries soon.
But it needs access to local files, so if you keep your Google Drive backed up locally it will work with that, but it can't read directly from Google Drive.
And yes, support for external libraries will happen in future releases.
A lot of stuff that doesn't translate into new features is going on right now, hopefully I'll be able to start working on external libraries soon.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MagoFelix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 2
11 months 5 days ago #9733
by MagoFelix
Replied by MagoFelix on topic How read comics from Google Drive ?
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll keep an eye out for updates. YACREADER is the best program I've seen for my comic book collection.
Regards.
I'll keep an eye out for updates. YACREADER is the best program I've seen for my comic book collection.
Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.