- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Android users
Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
- Fangoroth
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 months 6 days ago - 11 months 6 days ago #9713
by Fangoroth
Sync reading status between 2 local libraries? was created by Fangoroth
I have what I suspect to be a specific use-case, and I've had a hard time finding an answer to this so I figured it's best to just ask.
I currently do most of my reading on a Fire Tablet. I have an archive on my PC that I sync with manually on a regular basis to keep my catalog up-to-date. I want to always have local copies on me because it's just more convenient. If ALL I want is to sync my progress between 2 devices with the same files on each, without having to mess with streaming the files or figuring out any networking wizardry, is this app capable of handling that very specific use-case?
I currently do most of my reading on a Fire Tablet. I have an archive on my PC that I sync with manually on a regular basis to keep my catalog up-to-date. I want to always have local copies on me because it's just more convenient. If ALL I want is to sync my progress between 2 devices with the same files on each, without having to mess with streaming the files or figuring out any networking wizardry, is this app capable of handling that very specific use-case?
Last edit: 11 months 6 days ago by Fangoroth.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 6 days ago #9717
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
It can, but the Android version depends on YACReaderLibrary and that's the only method for importing comics until version 2.0 is released, the connection works over your local network.
Give YACReaderLibrary a try, it's free, connecting the android app is mostly scanning a QR code.
Give YACReaderLibrary a try, it's free, connecting the android app is mostly scanning a QR code.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Fangoroth
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
11 months 6 days ago #9720
by Fangoroth
Replied by Fangoroth on topic Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
So to confirm, I would have to import everything through the app rather than manually uploading the files? If so, while not ideal I guess I could work with that.
And the only reason I haven't just tried it out yet is I don't want to drop $4.49 on an app that might not work the way I need it to, so I'm trying to do some due dilligence first. I've seen a couple posts mentioning that the app doesn't let you import things to an SD card, is that still the case? Unfortunately the 10GB or so of free internal storage on my tablet simply won't cut it.
And the only reason I haven't just tried it out yet is I don't want to drop $4.49 on an app that might not work the way I need it to, so I'm trying to do some due dilligence first. I've seen a couple posts mentioning that the app doesn't let you import things to an SD card, is that still the case? Unfortunately the 10GB or so of free internal storage on my tablet simply won't cut it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 6 days ago #9725
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
Yeah, you’ll be browsing your content from YACReaderLibrary like this:
If you don’t like the app you can request a refund: support.google.com/googleplay/workflow/9813244?hl=en
If you don’t like the app you can request a refund: support.google.com/googleplay/workflow/9813244?hl=en
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Fangoroth
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
11 months 5 days ago #9735
by Fangoroth
Replied by Fangoroth on topic Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
Maybe this is just a limitation of my tablet, but I've run into a massive bottleneck.
Is there any way to have the app use an SD card mounted as an external device for storage? If I have it set as internal, file transfer speeds are rediculously slow even if I just manually copy files over. In the last 5-6hrs of trying to import my 300GB+ library via the app I've gotten maybe 6GB downloaded, and any changes I make in the future would likely end up taking a similar amount of time.
If there's anything I can do to speed up the process or make it go smoother please advise.
Is there any way to have the app use an SD card mounted as an external device for storage? If I have it set as internal, file transfer speeds are rediculously slow even if I just manually copy files over. In the last 5-6hrs of trying to import my 300GB+ library via the app I've gotten maybe 6GB downloaded, and any changes I make in the future would likely end up taking a similar amount of time.
If there's anything I can do to speed up the process or make it go smoother please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 4 days ago - 11 months 4 days ago #9737
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
What type of files are you importing? (cbz, cbr, pdf)I don’t know why the speed is dropping, that’s really strange. There is some overhead, but in this specific scenario it shouldn’t be that dramatic. What card are you using? Until I add support for external libraries there is no alternative. I would check your device model and see if someone else has reported slow speeds.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Fangoroth
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
11 months 3 days ago #9739
by Fangoroth
Replied by Fangoroth on topic Sync reading status between 2 local libraries?
The usual .cbr/cbzs. I think it's maybe more a quirk of this tablet, I originally had an SD card mounted as internal and the transfer speeds for a standard copy/paste job sucked real bad. As soon as I changed to external the speeds had to have at least doubled so I just kept it that way until now. If there's no way to make the app read from files on the externally mounted SD then oh well, I figured it was worth asking. And for the sake of knowledge it's a SanDisk 512GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I, tablet is a Fire 10 2020 model purchased in 22.
Also I think part of my problem was the transfers stopped anytime the screen went to sleep, it went a lot smoother after I told it to stay awake while plugged in but it still took the better part of a day to transfer everything. Thankfully a BULK transfer should only have to happen once, and anything after will just be weekly additions or subtractions when I finish reading a series assuming nothing goes wrong on my end (it will, Murphy's Law and I are real tight).
I appreciate the help on this, and apologize in advance for the other reply that'll go through eventually, I basically asked the same stuff twice because I thought I had never actually submitted the first one. At this point it's a matter of dealing with the growing pains of unfamiliar software.
Also I think part of my problem was the transfers stopped anytime the screen went to sleep, it went a lot smoother after I told it to stay awake while plugged in but it still took the better part of a day to transfer everything. Thankfully a BULK transfer should only have to happen once, and anything after will just be weekly additions or subtractions when I finish reading a series assuming nothing goes wrong on my end (it will, Murphy's Law and I are real tight).
I appreciate the help on this, and apologize in advance for the other reply that'll go through eventually, I basically asked the same stuff twice because I thought I had never actually submitted the first one. At this point it's a matter of dealing with the growing pains of unfamiliar software.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.