- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Change default the reading direction?
- le__el
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 4 months ago #3979
by le__el
Change default the reading direction? was created by le__el
Hi, is it possible to change the default reading direction in the iOS app?
Mostly of my comics are actually manga, with right to left reading direction.
The desktop version remembers the last selection, but in iPad every time I open a file it always defaults to left to right and I need to manually change to the other way around.
Even closing and opening the same file, it changes back to the left to right.
Is there a way to change it and I didn't find?
Setup:
iPad 3 (ios 9.3.5)
YACReader version 2.5.5
Using the Remote Library to "stream" the files from local network
Thanks!
Mostly of my comics are actually manga, with right to left reading direction.
The desktop version remembers the last selection, but in iPad every time I open a file it always defaults to left to right and I need to manually change to the other way around.
Even closing and opening the same file, it changes back to the left to right.
Is there a way to change it and I didn't find?
Setup:
iPad 3 (ios 9.3.5)
YACReader version 2.5.5
Using the Remote Library to "stream" the files from local network
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 4 months ago #3981
by Luis Ángel
I can't replicate this...
The idea is that you only need to change the value in the first comic of a manga series, then when you move from a comic to the next while reading the manga mode setting is passed to the next comic.
But I suppose that a global setting for use manga mode as the default should more appropriate for people who only reads manga.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Change default the reading direction?
Code:
Even closing and opening the same file, it changes back to the left to right.
I can't replicate this...
The idea is that you only need to change the value in the first comic of a manga series, then when you move from a comic to the next while reading the manga mode setting is passed to the next comic.
But I suppose that a global setting for use manga mode as the default should more appropriate for people who only reads manga.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: le__el
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- le__el
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3984
by le__el
Replied by le__el on topic Change default the reading direction?
Heres a small video showing:
streamable.com/wio0t
If I go to the next chapter directly from the last page, it keeps the selected direction.
But if I close the file and open it again, it defaults to the left to right. So every time I stop some reading at the middle, when returning to it I have to change the reading direction again.
I only tried on Remote Library in "Read" button, without importing to the iPad itself.
Now I tried the "Import", and the imported one remembers the direction, so it seem to be a problem only when using the "Read" to stream directly from the local server?
streamable.com/wio0t
If I go to the next chapter directly from the last page, it keeps the selected direction.
But if I close the file and open it again, it defaults to the left to right. So every time I stop some reading at the middle, when returning to it I have to change the reading direction again.
I only tried on Remote Library in "Read" button, without importing to the iPad itself.
Now I tried the "Import", and the imported one remembers the direction, so it seem to be a problem only when using the "Read" to stream directly from the local server?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 4 months ago #3985
by Luis Ángel
Yes, that makes more sense. I'll look into this in future versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Change default the reading direction?
le__el wrote: Now I tried the "Import", and the imported one remembers the direction, so it seem to be a problem only when using the "Read" to stream directly from the local server?
Yes, that makes more sense. I'll look into this in future versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: le__el
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel