Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iOS Reading List Import Order Questions

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 5 years 8 months ago #4194

BionicTibia

Fresh Boarder

Just started rereading a bunch of stuff from my youth and more recent titles after getting YACReader set up on the PC and iPad and really loving the overall experience.

I have a couple of Reading lists on the server that are the correct chronology reading order of various related titles. I can browse to them on the iPad and import them no problem. If I'm reading on wifi locally to the server, they read in the order of the reading list with no issues, even when the list crosses between issues in different folders.

When I look at a batch that I imported from the server reading list in the local iPad library, they are there, grouped in a folder named for the reading list they came from, but they are not in the reading list order...instead they are alphabetical by file name...Am I missing a setting or step to have them on the iPad local storage in the reading order from the reading list?

I don't really want to alter the actual book file names just for the purpose of reading this arc across books in order.

For now, my workaround is a screen shot of the reading list view from the server showing the right order and then navigating in the local file list to the right comic, but that's clunky.

Hope this makes sense! Thanks for any insight or guidance.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by BionicTibia. Reason: Typo correction
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 5 years 8 months ago #4197

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

This is something that needs to be fixed, the current behaviour when importing makes no sense. For now it only works for remote reading.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41, BionicTibia

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 5 years 8 months ago #4198

BionicTibia

Fresh Boarder

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. Hope you’re able to get to it soon, but still a huge fan of the server and app! Thanks so much for developing them!

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 4 years 4 months ago #4928

kabukiq

Fresh Boarder

Any updates on this?

I'm having the same issue.

Just bought an iPad pro 11" 2018 a couple of days ago and purchased Yacreader.
Spent an entire day scraping comics again (was using ComicRack) and then created lists only to find that when I sync my reading lists they are not in the same order to which I have organised on my PC.

Would greatly appreciate an update on this.

Thanks

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 4 years 4 months ago #4930

Luis Ángel

Administrator

It is not ready yet, sorry.

What kind of lists are you creating? I normally don't need lists for anything, I always have my files sorted by name , which I think is really common among users. I use list for mainly for crossovers....
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 4 years 4 months ago #4936

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I may have a temporal solution to this problem that will allow me to get it out the door in a few days (until I develop the sorting mechanisms that I want)
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41

iOS Reading List Import Order Questions 4 years 4 months ago #4937

BionicTibia

Fresh Boarder

That would be grand! I use lists for keeping a particular group of related titles in reading order when the narrative jumps between titles (punisher, punisher war journal, punisher war zone, annuals, etc.) so being able to have the lists that reside on the PC import onto the iPad in the same order would be great. Thanks.