- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer
- Duvar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 years 8 months ago #4411
by Duvar
iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer was created by Duvar
Hello,
I have setup a headless comic server at home with YACReaderLibraryServer with Ubuntu 18.04, where I host comics over local SMB and access them with YACReaderLibrary on macOS & Windows 10 and the apps on iPhone and iPad (latest versions from the App Store). Both iPad and iPhone have the latest iOS 12 updates (12.1.2).
The Windows and macOS libraries report back their reading etc status just fine. And the iOS versions used to do as well. But since some time the status syncing stopped working on iOS. Even if it says "synchronizing" when I close a comic, it does nothing on the server. I usually access comics on iOS over "Import // Browse // <select Library>".
I have seen some similar reports on the forum but it said the issue was resolved, unfortunately I still seem to have this problem. I access the comics fine, just the syncing of reading status does not work.
I would appreciate any help, thanks.
I have setup a headless comic server at home with YACReaderLibraryServer with Ubuntu 18.04, where I host comics over local SMB and access them with YACReaderLibrary on macOS & Windows 10 and the apps on iPhone and iPad (latest versions from the App Store). Both iPad and iPhone have the latest iOS 12 updates (12.1.2).
The Windows and macOS libraries report back their reading etc status just fine. And the iOS versions used to do as well. But since some time the status syncing stopped working on iOS. Even if it says "synchronizing" when I close a comic, it does nothing on the server. I usually access comics on iOS over "Import // Browse // <select Library>".
I have seen some similar reports on the forum but it said the issue was resolved, unfortunately I still seem to have this problem. I access the comics fine, just the syncing of reading status does not work.
I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 8 months ago #4412
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer
How did you install YACReaderLibraryServer? What version are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Duvar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 8 months ago #4413
by Duvar
Replied by Duvar on topic iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer
I have compiled and installed from source at the git repo:
I remember using the following howto for the most part but changed it for git:
www.yacreader.com/45-yacreaderlibraryser...aspberry-pi-raspbian
Version:[remote "origin"]
url = github.com/YACReader/yacreader.git
fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
/usr/bin/YACReaderLibraryServer --version
YACReaderLibraryServer 9.5.0
I remember using the following howto for the most part but changed it for git:
www.yacreader.com/45-yacreaderlibraryser...aspberry-pi-raspbian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 8 months ago #4414
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer
Thanks. That is the right version. I have fixed this issue in the past, maybe this is regression introduced i the new 2.0 server....
Can you create a local test library in windows or mac to see if you can reproduce the issue?
Can you create a local test library in windows or mac to see if you can reproduce the issue?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Duvar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 8 months ago #4415
by Duvar
Replied by Duvar on topic iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer
I have created a new library on the macOS application and connected with the iPad over the old linux server: Same issues before.
Then I stopped the server on the linux machine and tried running the server on the macOS for test purposes. Although the server starts fine, I see that for some reason it does not start listening at 8080, so I could not test it yet.
Then I stopped the server on the linux machine and tried running the server on the macOS for test purposes. Although the server starts fine, I see that for some reason it does not start listening at 8080, so I could not test it yet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Duvar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 8 months ago #4416
by Duvar
Replied by Duvar on topic iOS stopped syncing status back to LibraryServer
OK, I just got what you meant by running locally. I stopped fiddling with the server and scanned the QR code in the macOS library within the iOS app, and syncing worked correctly with the test library.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel