- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Comics disappeared from Library!
- ncctardis
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #376
by ncctardis
"KIDNEYS!"
Comics disappeared from Library! was created by ncctardis
I've been using YACReader for a few days now, looking forward to using it on a big road trip coming up!
I've spent those few days importing and organising my comics, and whilst importing a few more, my entire library appears to have disappeared!
My comics still appear when I search for them, and they're counted in Settings, so how do I get them back?
I'm not going to re-import them, since I've spent hours organising them all into folders and into their proper order.
Can anyone help?
[If the photos don't load, right-click the icons and choose 'Open in new Tab']
I've spent those few days importing and organising my comics, and whilst importing a few more, my entire library appears to have disappeared!
My comics still appear when I search for them, and they're counted in Settings, so how do I get them back?
I'm not going to re-import them, since I've spent hours organising them all into folders and into their proper order.
Can anyone help?
[If the photos don't load, right-click the icons and choose 'Open in new Tab']
"KIDNEYS!"
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by ncctardis. Reason: Couldn't figure out how to attach photos.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #377
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
What happen if you tap the index button? are there any index tabs there?
Please, close the app and open it again ( support.apple.com/kb/ht5137 ).
It is a very weird issue... sorry for any inconvenience.
Please, close the app and open it again ( support.apple.com/kb/ht5137 ).
It is a very weird issue... sorry for any inconvenience.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ncctardis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ncctardis
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #378
by ncctardis
"KIDNEYS!"
Replied by ncctardis on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
It appears to be empty... Do I have to uninstall the app, and add and organise all 600 comics again?
And I tried closing the app, and restarting my iPad...
Here is what appears when I tap index:
And I tried closing the app, and restarting my iPad...
Here is what appears when I tap index:
"KIDNEYS!"
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by ncctardis.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #379
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
The most strange thing is that the comics are still there (you can find then in the search window, isn't it?). What happens if you import a new comic or if you create a new folder?
How are you importing the comics? YACReaderLibrary, Dropbox or iTunes?
How are you importing the comics? YACReaderLibrary, Dropbox or iTunes?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ncctardis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ncctardis
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #380
by ncctardis
"KIDNEYS!"
Replied by ncctardis on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
If I import another comic or create a folder, it appears in the library, but doesn't bring anything back...
I've been importing everything through iTunes, have also imported one or two comics using the port and IP address of my main computer...
I should start organising everything on my mac library, shouldn't I?
I've been importing everything through iTunes, have also imported one or two comics using the port and IP address of my main computer...
I should start organising everything on my mac library, shouldn't I?
"KIDNEYS!"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #381
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
I like to use YACReaderLibrary for transfering comics. Using this method YACReader for iOS will create automatically any folder, so you don't need to waste time organizing your comics after import them. In my iPad I only store the comics that I am reading (5Gb of comics more or less), but my full collection is huge, so I like to keep it organized in my computer.
Regardless your prefered method for importing comics, this issue is clearly my fault. The bad thing is that it seems that is not easly reproduced. Do you remember which comics were you importing when the problem occurs? I would like to check them by my self in orther to fix the issue.
Regardless your prefered method for importing comics, this issue is clearly my fault. The bad thing is that it seems that is not easly reproduced. Do you remember which comics were you importing when the problem occurs? I would like to check them by my self in orther to fix the issue.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ncctardis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ncctardis
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #382
by ncctardis
"KIDNEYS!"
Replied by ncctardis on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
It is definitely a bizarre problem, I'm going to wipe the app, organise everything on my mac, and import them that way. Normally I'd only keep a few comics on my iPad, but I'm going away for 10 days, and wanted to catch up on a lot of reading...
The issue occurred after importing (and organising) a lot (roughly 20gb) of the New 52 DC comics. I'd had the entire run of Y: The Last Man, and about 20 issues of The Walking Dead (in total, maybe 30 - 35 cbr files) for about 3 days before importing all of the DC files. The DC files were sourced from TPB.
Thanks for your help anyway Luis, hopefully this bug won't happen again!
The issue occurred after importing (and organising) a lot (roughly 20gb) of the New 52 DC comics. I'd had the entire run of Y: The Last Man, and about 20 issues of The Walking Dead (in total, maybe 30 - 35 cbr files) for about 3 days before importing all of the DC files. The DC files were sourced from TPB.
Thanks for your help anyway Luis, hopefully this bug won't happen again!
"KIDNEYS!"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 9 months ago #383
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comics disappeared from Library!
I will try to replicate the issue importing several GB of comics through iTunes.
Thank you very much for your help.
Thank you very much for your help.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel