Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Access Google Drive sync folder & other questions

  • frenchfilm
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #5117 by frenchfilm
Hello,

First of all thank you for this superb app, I've been using it for years, though I haven't really accessed it for 1-2 years for professional reasons (less time to read).

I appreciate some of the improvements, and would like to know ifsome of these are coming? Maybe they're around already

1/ How can one change the thumbnail for a folder (or at least grab the thumbnail of the first comic inside?)

2/ I have uploaded a 8000+ collection of comic books on Google drive, from a synched hard drive at home. So when I get more I just have to drop them on my hard drive, they sync up directly on Google. However, the YAC reader app doesnt allow me to fetch "My Computer" location on Google drive, so I actually have to make a copy of it into my Main Google Drive account, which is a waste of disk storage (twice the amount) but also doesn't automatically sync with my hard drive... Ouch

3/ How can I share access to a specific folder without giving access to my entire Google Drive content? Can we import from a shared folder link? My 8-year old son has a tablet, and I want him to be able to access a specific comic book folder, but not the entire Google Drive content...

4/ Will there ever be a Google Drive add-on so as to be able to read straight from Google Drive and not have to import (which can be complex if your connexion is slow).

Thank you!!

Frederic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #5118 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Access Google Drive sync folder & other questions
1.- The only options for this are im the settings section, by default the app shows the cover of the first comic..

2.- I think you should be able to sync everything to your drive account from the disk. I will take a look to those special locations i. Google drive.

3.- Share the folders you want with your son, you just need to create an account for him and use that account in his iPad.

4.- That is not really possible, comics are compressed files and they need to be downloaded before they can be opened.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!