- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Dropbox Error
- sonorousstar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 4 months ago #461
by sonorousstar
Dropbox Error was created by sonorousstar
Hi
I have been using YAC Reader since last year and have really been enjoying it.
I have been having a problem with Dropbox importing lately. I used to be able to import almost all files without a problem until recently. Now YAC crashes when it starts to import then when I restart and check for new comics it still says there are "x" amount of new comics to import but when I try to import it crashes again.
I have tried unlinking from Dropbox and linking again but I get the same problem.
I have also tried linking to a different Dropbox account with the the same comics as well as totally different comic but still it crashes,
i have managed to identify that is it may be one file "Something Terrible.zip" but I have deleted that file from Dropbox completely but YAC seems to try to import it in again and it causes the crash no matter what I do. The comic did appear in my library but since then I have deleted it from my library too but the problem still remains when I try to import: It will maybe do a few other comics then try to import "Something Terrible.zip" before crashing.
It's worth mentioning that the file "Something Terrible.zip" was a comic I purchased online that allowed me the option to download straight to my Dropbox folder (I chose the 'YacReader' folder) upon purchase. Not sure if that is relevant or not as I did try to use another Dropbox as mentioned with the same result.
I can use all other methods for importing but Dropbox is my prefered method, of course. The file mentioned above seems to be somehow stuck in the import queue regardless of the fact I have deleted it from Dropbox many so the problem may lie with the YAC end of the import.
Thank you for your help and a great product.
Peace Khalid
I have been using YAC Reader since last year and have really been enjoying it.
I have been having a problem with Dropbox importing lately. I used to be able to import almost all files without a problem until recently. Now YAC crashes when it starts to import then when I restart and check for new comics it still says there are "x" amount of new comics to import but when I try to import it crashes again.
I have tried unlinking from Dropbox and linking again but I get the same problem.
I have also tried linking to a different Dropbox account with the the same comics as well as totally different comic but still it crashes,
i have managed to identify that is it may be one file "Something Terrible.zip" but I have deleted that file from Dropbox completely but YAC seems to try to import it in again and it causes the crash no matter what I do. The comic did appear in my library but since then I have deleted it from my library too but the problem still remains when I try to import: It will maybe do a few other comics then try to import "Something Terrible.zip" before crashing.
It's worth mentioning that the file "Something Terrible.zip" was a comic I purchased online that allowed me the option to download straight to my Dropbox folder (I chose the 'YacReader' folder) upon purchase. Not sure if that is relevant or not as I did try to use another Dropbox as mentioned with the same result.
I can use all other methods for importing but Dropbox is my prefered method, of course. The file mentioned above seems to be somehow stuck in the import queue regardless of the fact I have deleted it from Dropbox many so the problem may lie with the YAC end of the import.
Thank you for your help and a great product.
Peace Khalid
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 4 months ago #462
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Dropbox Error
Today the new version 1.3.0 should be available trough the App Store, please check if you are still having the issue. The new version should skip this comic if it has any problem trying to import it.
It could be ver useful if you send me this comic, I need to check its format.
It could be ver useful if you send me this comic, I need to check its format.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sonorousstar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #463
by sonorousstar
Replied by sonorousstar on topic Dropbox Error
Hi Luis
Thanks for your reply - the new update seems to have solved the problem for now! Excellent
Here is the file in question. Hope it doesn't mess up your importing too!
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10307853/Som...errible_Download.zip
I have tried it zipped and unzipped with the same problem.
One more question while you are here: Is there any way to sort comics in 'newest added' view?
Thanks again for your help.
Thanks for your reply - the new update seems to have solved the problem for now! Excellent
Here is the file in question. Hope it doesn't mess up your importing too!
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10307853/Som...errible_Download.zip
I have tried it zipped and unzipped with the same problem.
One more question while you are here: Is there any way to sort comics in 'newest added' view?
Thanks again for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #464
by Luis Ángel
This is one of the most important bugs fixed in the new version, dealing with invalid/corrupted comics files
No, but I will add better sorting/filtering capabilities in future versions.
Thank you for using YACReader, I hope you will enjoy the new version.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Dropbox Error
sonorousstar wrote: Hi Luis
Here is the file in question. Hope it doesn't mess up your importing too!
This is one of the most important bugs fixed in the new version, dealing with invalid/corrupted comics files
Thank you very much for the file. Please, extract the zip file, and import the "Something Terrible.cbz" that there is inside.sonorousstar wrote: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10307853/Som...errible_Download.zip
sonorousstar wrote: One more question while you are here: Is there any way to sort comics in 'newest added' view?
No, but I will add better sorting/filtering capabilities in future versions.
Thank you for using YACReader, I hope you will enjoy the new version.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sonorousstar
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #465
by sonorousstar
Replied by sonorousstar on topic Dropbox Error
I did try the CBZ version too but I still had the same problem - maybe the damage was already done when I tried with the .zip version in the beginning.
Look forward to the future versions of YACReader - keep up the great work!
Look forward to the future versions of YACReader - keep up the great work!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 4 months ago #466
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Dropbox Error
Yes, the issue was caused when you tried the whole zip package the first time.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonorousstar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel