- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
- jtreppel
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 3 months ago #5303
by jtreppel
Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad was created by jtreppel
I downloaded the app for iOS for my iPad and the app for Windows. I successfully built the library in the Windows app, but when I try to sync my computer with my iPad the operation keeps timing out. I disabled the firewall to see if that was the problem but it still continued timing out even after that. I was able to connect them briefly yesterday and load some comics on, but then my computer went to sleep and severed the connection. I've been unable to reconnect them since. I was able to load the library in the 127.0.0.1 page on my computer, so the library works. Do you have any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5304
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
Is the ip of your computer changing often?
Double check every time you try to connect the ip and port, it sounds to me that for some reason they change and the ios app is not using the new ones.
Double check every time you try to connect the ip and port, it sounds to me that for some reason they change and the ios app is not using the new ones.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jtreppel
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5305
by jtreppel
Replied by jtreppel on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
IP address is the same. I've scanned in the QR code multiple times from the Windows app.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Direwolf
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5307
by Direwolf
Replied by Direwolf on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
I have been having this issue as well. I can browse and download but if I tap sync the window comes up an immediately goes away.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5309
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
@Direwolf sync send the reading progress of the imported comics back to the server. I you want to import, use a long tap in the items you want to import.
@jtreppel it is weird that you were able to connect at least once, the server is running properly because you can access it from you computer using a web browser, what happens if you try to open the ip:port from a web browser in your ios device?
@jtreppel it is weird that you were able to connect at least once, the server is running properly because you can access it from you computer using a web browser, what happens if you try to open the ip:port from a web browser in your ios device?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Direwolf
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5310
by Direwolf
Replied by Direwolf on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
I'm not having an issue importing. Just the sync back or the read status. Same as the OP. The IP and port are correct. It was working fine but has stopped recently it may have been after an iOS update. Currently I'm running 13.5.1
I have uploaded a video clip of what the sync button does
imgur.com/a/Z3DcwKX
I have uploaded a video clip of what the sync button does
imgur.com/a/Z3DcwKX
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5311
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
That is not the problem the OP is having. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong there, that is how it works, it shows that view until the sync is done. Did you check if the progress is actually updated in YACReaderLibrary?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Direwolf
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5312
by Direwolf
Replied by Direwolf on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
Sorry about that. When the subject mentioned sync I thought it was the same issue. And no, I have about 100 issues that are not updating as read. Some of them I've had to go an manually update in the windows client.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5313
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to Sync YAC Reader Library with iPad
Open a different topic please.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel