- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Cannot sync read status back to the pc
- Direwolf
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 2 months ago #5314
by Direwolf
Cannot sync read status back to the pc was created by Direwolf
I’m able to browse and download but cannot sync the read status back. The IP and port are correct. It was working fine but has stopped recently it may have been after an iOS update. Currently I'm running 13.5.1
To trouble shoo I have complete disabled the firewall on the pc. Restarted both the iPad and pc. Deleted and re downloaded the comic issues.
I have uploaded a video clip of what the sync button does
imgur.com/a/Z3DcwKX
In the past the window would stay up for at least a second or two.
To trouble shoo I have complete disabled the firewall on the pc. Restarted both the iPad and pc. Deleted and re downloaded the comic issues.
I have uploaded a video clip of what the sync button does
imgur.com/a/Z3DcwKX
In the past the window would stay up for at least a second or two.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5315
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
Could you create a test library in your Desktop and test if it works correctly in a new library? Just put a couple of comics in a folder and create a library there, import the comics and open them to change the current page, then sync back.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Direwolf
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5316
by Direwolf
Replied by Direwolf on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
I may have found the issue. or at least a workaround for it. I downloaded your latest dev build new comics that I download from the library are now updating. I will have to delete and redownload the ones that are not updating but it seems to be working again. I got the idea from a note on the previous versions listing on the app store about using the dev version of the Library.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5317
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
Yeah, I remember this after answering you and I was wondering if it could be related, the fix was for importing but it seems that sync back was also affected.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alext41
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
6 years 1 month ago #5368
by alext41
Replied by alext41 on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
hi, i have now the same problem.
I have the normal iOS Version and first the official Desktop Version.
Also tried to update to the latest beta Desktop version, but with that the problem is still the same.
Any suggestions?
I'm running it on a Server 2012. Downloading comics works great, but the sync of the read progress is not working any longer.
Should a try to update also to the latest beta version of the iOS app?
thx
@lex
I have the normal iOS Version and first the official Desktop Version.
Also tried to update to the latest beta Desktop version, but with that the problem is still the same.
Any suggestions?
I'm running it on a Server 2012. Downloading comics works great, but the sync of the read progress is not working any longer.
Should a try to update also to the latest beta version of the iOS app?
thx
@lex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 1 month ago #5369
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
Yeah, try the latest desktop build and the ios beta to see if it works.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alext41
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
6 years 1 month ago #5370
by alext41
Replied by alext41 on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
update from my side.
Updated now also the iOS App to the latest beta. After re-downloading the comics and set the correct reading progress sync is now working again.
At the moment both apps (Windows & iOS are working when using the beta build)
Thank you for your great work. I will now also take a look in the process to become a patron.
@lex
Updated now also the iOS App to the latest beta. After re-downloading the comics and set the correct reading progress sync is now working again.
At the moment both apps (Windows & iOS are working when using the beta build)
Thank you for your great work. I will now also take a look in the process to become a patron.
@lex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 1 month ago #5371
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Cannot sync read status back to the pc
@alext41 thanks for confirming that it is working now, having users testing the new stuff is invaluable. I found a couple of potential problems while I was working in the new bidirectional sync, so probably you were suffering them.
Thanks for considering becoming a patron, it is truly appreciated.
Thanks for considering becoming a patron, it is truly appreciated.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel