- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Comic book showing incomplete
- comix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 2 months ago #5328
by comix
Comic book showing incomplete was created by comix
Hi,
How can I troubleshoot a comic file that does not show complete?
It works fine on my macbook and in other comic readers.
it is imported fine by yacreader (no errors, I mean) but it only shows around 20 pages while it should be 170+
Also, they are not the first 20 pages or the last 20.
It's part of a collection and those I've tried have the same problem.
iOS 12.4.1 on iPhone XS
Thanks in advance.
Marco
How can I troubleshoot a comic file that does not show complete?
It works fine on my macbook and in other comic readers.
it is imported fine by yacreader (no errors, I mean) but it only shows around 20 pages while it should be 170+
Also, they are not the first 20 pages or the last 20.
It's part of a collection and those I've tried have the same problem.
iOS 12.4.1 on iPhone XS
Thanks in advance.
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5329
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic book showing incomplete
Open the file with a file extractor (it is probably a zip or rar file), then extract its content and check for errors. The file could be corrupted.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- comix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5330
by comix
Replied by comix on topic Comic book showing incomplete
Hi,
As stated, these files work perfectly with any other reader, how could they be corrupted?
Anyway, I've extracted it and there are no errors as expected. I've compressed it again and the problem is still there.
I've noticed the images inside the zip are organised into a one level sub-directories, is this a known issue for yacreader, to not be able to read sub-directories?
Thanks,
Marco
As stated, these files work perfectly with any other reader, how could they be corrupted?
Anyway, I've extracted it and there are no errors as expected. I've compressed it again and the problem is still there.
I've noticed the images inside the zip are organised into a one level sub-directories, is this a known issue for yacreader, to not be able to read sub-directories?
Thanks,
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5331
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic book showing incomplete
if the images inside the folders are named the same then yes, that isn’t supported.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- comix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5332
by comix
Replied by comix on topic Comic book showing incomplete
They are like:
main directory
directory1
001.jpg
002.jpg
...
directory2
001.jpg
002.jpg
...
(etc)
if this is what you mean
is there any plan to support this file structure, before I go insane splitting hundreds of directories manually?
Thanks,
Marco
main directory
directory1
001.jpg
002.jpg
...
directory2
001.jpg
002.jpg
...
(etc)
if this is what you mean
is there any plan to support this file structure, before I go insane splitting hundreds of directories manually?
Thanks,
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5333
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic book showing incomplete
There is no plan to do it unless it becomes something common. What is on the subfolders? Is the comic file a volume with comics inside as subfolders or something? Are there any publishers starting to pack thing like this?
You should try to write a script instead of doing it manually.
You should try to write a script instead of doing it manually.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- comix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #5334
by comix
Replied by comix on topic Comic book showing incomplete
It's a comic book where sub directories are chapters of a volume.
I did the renaming and I cannot find how to put them in a collection (or whatever is called), so I don't have 50 items in the main library.
I cannot find any info anywhere, can you please help?
Thanks,
Marco
I did the renaming and I cannot find how to put them in a collection (or whatever is called), so I don't have 50 items in the main library.
I cannot find any info anywhere, can you please help?
Thanks,
Marco
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 2 months ago #5335
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic book showing incomplete
The right naming should be something like this:
ch1-01.jpg
ch2-02.jpg
...
chn-01.jpg
etc
For renaming a lot of files at once I recomend Renamer.
ch1-01.jpg
ch2-02.jpg
...
chn-01.jpg
etc
For renaming a lot of files at once I recomend Renamer.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: comix
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 1 month ago #5355
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic book showing incomplete
Ok, I have added support for handling this properly in iOS. I will available in the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel