- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Losing Metadata on Import
- jonnycosmic
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 10 months ago #5511
by jonnycosmic
Losing Metadata on Import was created by jonnycosmic
Firstly, loving the app and subsequent Windows Library function, however I have a question regarding importing comics.
When I import comics from the library onto my iPad using the YACReaderLibrary method option, the chapter metadata disappears and the comics show up on my iPad with just the file name as the title. Is there anyway that I can ensure that the metadata regarding the comic issue chapter titles remain? The writer and publisher metadata is there, but for some reason not the comic titles.
When I import comics from the library onto my iPad using the YACReaderLibrary method option, the chapter metadata disappears and the comics show up on my iPad with just the file name as the title. Is there anyway that I can ensure that the metadata regarding the comic issue chapter titles remain? The writer and publisher metadata is there, but for some reason not the comic titles.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jonnycosmic
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #5531
by jonnycosmic
Replied by jonnycosmic on topic Losing Metadata on Import
No ideas? Is this something that I would need to suggest to be added to a later update?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 10 months ago #5532
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Losing Metadata on Import
Sorry for the late reply.
This is by design, the ios app sorts by comic name due some internal limitations. And yes, there are plans to update/fix this behaviour.
This is by design, the ios app sorts by comic name due some internal limitations. And yes, there are plans to update/fix this behaviour.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sandman4sure
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #5737
by sandman4sure
Replied by sandman4sure on topic Losing Metadata on Import
When I Import comics to my iPad I will lose all metadata.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 8 months ago #5739
by Luis Ángel
How do you import the comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Losing Metadata on Import
sandman4sure wrote: When I Import comics to my iPad I will lose all metadata.
How do you import the comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sandman4sure
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #5740
by sandman4sure
Replied by sandman4sure on topic Losing Metadata on Import
Import: YACReader Library: long press folder: import.
And in the library on my Mac I downloaded metadata using comicvine
And in the library on my Mac I downloaded metadata using comicvine
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sandman4sure
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #5741
by sandman4sure
Replied by sandman4sure on topic Losing Metadata on Import
Weird: the metadata is there but just not being displayed?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 8 months ago #5743
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Losing Metadata on Import
It is shown...volume name, number / total, date...does the issue have a synopsis?
As I said before, the issue title is not imported yet.
As I said before, the issue title is not imported yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sandman4sure
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #5744
by sandman4sure
Replied by sandman4sure on topic Losing Metadata on Import
Ah ok. Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel