Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer

  • oldirtdog
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #5545 by oldirtdog
I'm using the Docker container from XthursdayX on my UnRAID installation. I can view the library and import onto the iPad. However, when I click sync status, it just pops up and goes away immediately. It definitely doesn't sync read status to the server. By default it is supposed to use port 8080, but I have changed it to 8088 as there is another docker using 8080 already. This shouldn't be a problem as I can definitely connect and view the library. Are there any known bugs with a docker install like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5547 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer
What’s the version of the server you are running? Make sure it is 9.7.1

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • oldirtdog
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #5552 by oldirtdog
Replied by oldirtdog on topic Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer
hmm... I'm using this in Docker: hub.docker.com/r/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

I checked the version and it is 9.6.2

root@L337Tank:~# docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer -v
YACReaderLibraryServer 9.6.2

So, I'm guessing I probably need to figure out how to get that version updated in the Docker... Can you help me with some instructions on how to do this? I realize the docker itself makes things differently, but if there are instructions on how to do it on Linux out there, I can probably adapt them...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5553 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer
I don’t maintain the Docker image, but you can try this stackoverflow.com/questions/27529191/how...o-a-docker-container

You have to update the code to the latest commit.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5555 by retox
Hi oldirtdog,

right now I am struggeling with the YACReader server setup. Can you tell my how to add/create a library? Maybe you could post all settings with a pictures? I created a library with the YACReader server on my Mac on the UNRAID server share /media/comics (the Mac created library is within this folder). Ports are correct, but I don‘t know how to integrate the library. I‘m reading comics on my iPad and would like to individually load comics on this device because of space reasons. Can you please help me?

All the best ... retox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • oldirtdog
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #5561 by oldirtdog
Replied by oldirtdog on topic Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer
I’ll see if I can get screen shots later. However it’s fairly simple. Login to unraid and go to the terminal. Icon in the upper right that looks like a greater than sign. Once there you can enter docker commands. Go to the link I posted above to xthursdays repository. The commands for creating and updating a library are at the bottom. You should be able to use /comics as your library location if you are using that same docker pull. I had issues when migrating over to this headless style too until I figured out you needed to run the commands from the terminal. Once you have the library created you can update it from the windows version and make lists, update comics, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • oldirtdog
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #5611 by oldirtdog
Replied by oldirtdog on topic Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer
Happy to announce I got the docker updated to the latest version and now it's syncing the read status. Thanks for the assist!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!