- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Folder Image
- stabary
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 9 months ago #5635
by stabary
Folder Image was created by stabary
Hi,
I have about 10000 comics and they are all organized under a folder structure with similar depth whatever the comic.
When a comic has multiple "seasons" or "cycle", there is one folder by season and when I have things like making-of or "out of cycle" I have a dedicated folder for it.
Consequently when a comic has only one season (main) I have created a default 000 folder
The problem is that the comic folder ends up containing only a subfolder 000 and therefore has no "cover image"
I can manipulate the db and copy the first hash of the 000 folder into the parent folder. It works but update gets erased anytime I update the library.
I also noticed a special column in the folder table called customImage but I have not found in YACReaderLibrary the means to set the value to something.
Is there a way to define a folder image?
Should it be named something special like the exact name of the folder?
Should it have a specific extension?
There is a dirty way to do it by creating a fake cbz with one jpg in it but it's a bit heavy and it creates tons of "empty" comics.
Regards
STephane
I have about 10000 comics and they are all organized under a folder structure with similar depth whatever the comic.
When a comic has multiple "seasons" or "cycle", there is one folder by season and when I have things like making-of or "out of cycle" I have a dedicated folder for it.
Consequently when a comic has only one season (main) I have created a default 000 folder
The problem is that the comic folder ends up containing only a subfolder 000 and therefore has no "cover image"
I can manipulate the db and copy the first hash of the 000 folder into the parent folder. It works but update gets erased anytime I update the library.
I also noticed a special column in the folder table called customImage but I have not found in YACReaderLibrary the means to set the value to something.
Is there a way to define a folder image?
Should it be named something special like the exact name of the folder?
Should it have a specific extension?
There is a dirty way to do it by creating a fake cbz with one jpg in it but it's a bit heavy and it creates tons of "empty" comics.
Regards
STephane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 9 months ago #5636
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Folder Image
The functionality is not there yet, at some point I added the field to the db but the infrastructure is lacking.
Not sure if you have any dev skills but I will accept a PR
Not sure if you have any dev skills but I will accept a PR
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 11 months ago #8924
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Folder Image
Note that ubooquity will display the nr of comics inside a folder with a nr on top of the cover image.
This way you can differentiate folders, and if you have an idea bout the amount of comics under one series a quick idea how many editions you got
This way you can differentiate folders, and if you have an idea bout the amount of comics under one series a quick idea how many editions you got
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel