- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Yacreader iOS cannot connect to my MacBook library
- Schlave
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
I'm using an M1 MacBook Air.
The library can be viewed on safari on the MacBook but not on the iPhone (updated to latest os 14.4)
I've checked that firewall is not enabled on my MacBook.
I've got adguard adblocker installed on my phone but no success even after uninstalling.
Any help?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
My guess is that the port changed for some reason.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schlave
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Please help! I'm already liking the new features in manga for the beta version and look forward to having a synced collection btw my macOS and iPhone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
So was it working fine before installing 9.8.0?
Can I see a screenshot of the server config dialog from YACReaderLibrary?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schlave
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
By server config dialog, do you mean a screenshot of the window that pops up to configure the port called "server connectivity information"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Schlave wrote: By server config dialog, do you mean a screenshot of the window that pops up to configure the port called "server connectivity information"?
Exactly.
The fact that you can't see any responses from the server even if you use a web browser from your iOS devices indicates some sort of network problem.
Are you able to communicate both devices over your network using any other apps/servers?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schlave
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
I have to check later if the same problem occurs in different apps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schlave
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
What you said about there being a network problem may have been correct. I cannot tell where exactly the problem lay, but I began troubleshooting when I had problems with airdrop between my Mac and iPhone.
Some trial and error later (reset of bluetooth and wifi router), I tried again and this time the connection to Yacreaderlibrary succeeded.
I hope that this continues , but for the time being I am a happy user of Yacreader on Mac and iOS!
I am however a little concerned about potential exposure of my library to hackers though? Is it not visible to whoever knows my ip and port no?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
The server is only visible in you local network, so it is totally safe.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.