Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Tap to Scroll

Tap to Scroll 3 years 2 months ago #5715

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Is there a way to disable the tap-to-scroll feature that I'm missing, or can this be added as an option?

Here's the reason I ask...

I noticed that if you are reading in a stretch to height mode (which is my preference) there will sometimes be a tiny bit of the page not showing (maybe a couple mm sometimes), and when you tap to turn the page, this tap actually triggers the tap-to-scroll and moves the page very slightly, then requires another tap to turn the page... adding up to a lot of extra unnecessary taps as you read.

The tap-to-scroll is a great feature when you are reading in a display/zoom that has a lot of the page off the screen... the scroll becomes very convenient, and again, it's a great feature. It does become an annoyance, though, if most of the page is on the screen at once while you are reading.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tap to Scroll 3 years 2 months ago #5716

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

No, there is not such option.

Can I ask you why the full fit mode doesn’t work for you? It sound like the end result will be similar but without the tiny extra part of the page out of screen.

I will try to add the option to disable auto scroll in future updates.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Tap to Scroll 3 years 2 months ago #5722

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

It's not that it doesn't work... the fit to height is just my preference, not just in Yac, but all readers that I use. I like to see the whole page and keep the aspect ratio. Other readers that offer the tap-to-scroll also offer the option to disable, and options are always good... so this was the reason I suggested this. Thanks again.

Tap to Scroll 3 years 2 months ago #5726

Luis Ángel

Administrator

But the fit feature is exactly that, it shows always the full page keeping the aspect ratio.

I am not saying that adding the setting for disabling autoscroll is a bad idea, but in the mean time maybe you can find better settings.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

Tap to Scroll 3 years 2 months ago #5729

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

I just took some time to compare the two reading modes, and you are right... the fit feature does seem like a great way to read. I guess the fit to height mode would still benefit from being able to disable the scroll for wide books like golden age, marvel graphic novels, etc... (and maybe fit to width for books that end up scrolling vertically just slightly) but I will probably use the fit feature. Thanks for the advice.

Tap to Scroll 3 years 2 months ago #5732

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Glad to help.