- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
YAC not freeing all data on deletion
- Chriss316
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #5829
by Chriss316
YAC not freeing all data on deletion was created by Chriss316
Hi, when deleting comics on YAC it seems as though not all the data is being removed. I don't have a lot of storage on my phone so I transfer a couple at a time then delete after I have read them, but over time YAC accumulates a large amount of data.
I transfer the the comics, in cbz/r format, using YAC Reader Library, then once I have finished a comic I sync the progress then manually delete the comic from my phone to then transfer the next set over.
In trying to test to see what the left over sizes where, YACReader was holding around 768 MB from 2 comics which I had deleted. I then deleted and reinstalled YACReader to clear all it's data and I have 4.39 GB of free storage. I then transfered over the same 2 cbz comics I had just deleted, the first is 723 MB and the second is 642 MB, leaving 2.94 GB on my phone. After deleting the 1st comic my storage came up to 3.71 GB then after deleting the 2nd comic my storage came up to 4.17 GB. YACReader settings shows it is still holding on to 209.69 MB of data.
As this time around it is only holding on to about ~200 MB as apposed to the ~770 MB it was holding previously the only difference this time around was that I didn't read through the 2 comics before deleting them which got me wondering. Is YACReader caching some of the images, such as maybe the last few pages read and next few coming up to load faster and the cache is not being cleared on deletion?
Also I am running iOS 14.4.1 on an iPhone Xs Max. I also checked the contents of the cbz files and they only contain .jpeg files and no other data types that would maybe interfere with deletion.
-- Edit --
As a bit of an update on the storage sizes. I have since added, read and deleted a further 6 comics, 3.64 GB in total, and the storage in the settings tab now shows YACReader has 2 GB of files. Minus the ~200 MB from the first 2 I tested with it seems there's about ~1.8 GB of 3.64 GB not being cleared.
I transfer the the comics, in cbz/r format, using YAC Reader Library, then once I have finished a comic I sync the progress then manually delete the comic from my phone to then transfer the next set over.
In trying to test to see what the left over sizes where, YACReader was holding around 768 MB from 2 comics which I had deleted. I then deleted and reinstalled YACReader to clear all it's data and I have 4.39 GB of free storage. I then transfered over the same 2 cbz comics I had just deleted, the first is 723 MB and the second is 642 MB, leaving 2.94 GB on my phone. After deleting the 1st comic my storage came up to 3.71 GB then after deleting the 2nd comic my storage came up to 4.17 GB. YACReader settings shows it is still holding on to 209.69 MB of data.
As this time around it is only holding on to about ~200 MB as apposed to the ~770 MB it was holding previously the only difference this time around was that I didn't read through the 2 comics before deleting them which got me wondering. Is YACReader caching some of the images, such as maybe the last few pages read and next few coming up to load faster and the cache is not being cleared on deletion?
Also I am running iOS 14.4.1 on an iPhone Xs Max. I also checked the contents of the cbz files and they only contain .jpeg files and no other data types that would maybe interfere with deletion.
-- Edit --
As a bit of an update on the storage sizes. I have since added, read and deleted a further 6 comics, 3.64 GB in total, and the storage in the settings tab now shows YACReader has 2 GB of files. Minus the ~200 MB from the first 2 I tested with it seems there's about ~1.8 GB of 3.64 GB not being cleared.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Chriss316. Reason: Information update
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 6 months ago #5830
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YAC not freeing all data on deletion
That’s weird, I will take a look.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 6 months ago #5831
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YAC not freeing all data on deletion
Did you try restarting your device?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chriss316
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #5839
by Chriss316
Replied by Chriss316 on topic YAC not freeing all data on deletion
Just tried restarting. I also reinstalled YAC the other day to clear it so before restarting it was holding 1.48 GB after restarting it only dropped down to 1.47 GB. Tried restarting a second time and it remained at 1.47 GB
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel