- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Feature Requests
- bharting
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 2 months ago #592
by bharting
Feature Requests was created by bharting
Luis,
After buying and trying a couple of comic readers for the iPad, I came across a review for YACReader and picked it up. I must say you have done an outstanding job. The combo of YACReader iPad with the YACReaderLibrary for OS X works beautifully with my large library of comics.
The iPad I am using is shared by family, and YACReader is being used by my young daughter and myself. While it's not really an issue with my daughter, it could be helpful tool for parents to be able to assign a password to a folder, so books within that folder could only be accessed after entering the password. That would allow the parent to load books for multiple age groups, and not worry about someone reading something for the older kids or grownups.
Second, for copying/moving folders, being able to select multiple folders would be great (if this is already in the app, I don't see how it's done).
Last, unless I am mistaking, it seems you are disabling the iPad autolock feature if you are currently in a comic. Could this be configurable from within the app? As someone who has fallen asleep while reading more than once, this could have someone waking with a low or dead battery.
Thank you for your time, and thank you for a fantastic app. I'm a .NET developer by day, and it is always a pleasure to see a well designed, stable program. Nice work.
Bill Harting
After buying and trying a couple of comic readers for the iPad, I came across a review for YACReader and picked it up. I must say you have done an outstanding job. The combo of YACReader iPad with the YACReaderLibrary for OS X works beautifully with my large library of comics.
The iPad I am using is shared by family, and YACReader is being used by my young daughter and myself. While it's not really an issue with my daughter, it could be helpful tool for parents to be able to assign a password to a folder, so books within that folder could only be accessed after entering the password. That would allow the parent to load books for multiple age groups, and not worry about someone reading something for the older kids or grownups.
Second, for copying/moving folders, being able to select multiple folders would be great (if this is already in the app, I don't see how it's done).
Last, unless I am mistaking, it seems you are disabling the iPad autolock feature if you are currently in a comic. Could this be configurable from within the app? As someone who has fallen asleep while reading more than once, this could have someone waking with a low or dead battery.
Thank you for your time, and thank you for a fantastic app. I'm a .NET developer by day, and it is always a pleasure to see a well designed, stable program. Nice work.
Bill Harting
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #595
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Feature Requests
Hi bharting,
welcome to the forum.
The parental/password protection feature has been requested several times and it is in the TODO list of new features. Probably it won't be available in the next release, but it will be in the next one after that.
Yes, you can select multiple folder/comics:
Yeah, the autolock feature is disabled while you are reading. I will add this to the TODO list
I glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoy the app
welcome to the forum.
The parental/password protection feature has been requested several times and it is in the TODO list of new features. Probably it won't be available in the next release, but it will be in the next one after that.
Yes, you can select multiple folder/comics:
Yeah, the autolock feature is disabled while you are reading. I will add this to the TODO list
I glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoy the app
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel