Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Once again…can’t connect to the library

More
4 years 11 months ago #6281 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
If a web browser in your iOS device can’t connect to the server then the iOS app can’t be culprit. The app uses plain HTTP to connect to the server.

What happens if you try a web browser in your windows machine? Does it connect?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #6306 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
As the song goes, it’s been a long road getting from there to here. I still have no explanation for why import from YACReader Library capability changed (again) but I kept at it because I wanted a solution that didn’t involve a tedious port to the Mac (where Plex has now gone belly-up after I upgraded to Big Sur.)

Import is now working again. Somewhere in the midst of things I did is the actual solution, but specifically what, I do not know. Turns out, too, that Avast now has a firewall function, so Windows Defender is out of the loop. I changed Avast’s settings to “ask” which was hilariously irritating for an hour.

I also got into the router and set it to a static IP. Additionally set up the Ethernet and WiFi for the same. Have yet to get proper port forwards done as this Jetstream router makes that hard to sort out (my old Netgear gateway was simplicity in that front; lousy equipment generally, though.)

In YRL I set the port to 40000.

So…now it’s working. Whoo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #6307 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
Great!

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!