Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Can I change the cover image of a folder?

  • Castelgard
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #6468 by Castelgard
Can I change the cover image of a folder? was created by Castelgard
I’ve been importing files to my iPad from my PC Library and while importing the cover of the folder keeps changing to a random comic I have inside. Once it finishes importing one of the random comics gets sets as the cover. What’s weird is that other folders actually have the first comic as the cover (which makes the most sense).

Is it possible to change the folder cover to any comic issue I want or at least let it be the cover of the first comic? Or even better, can I set a custom image from my phone library?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #6471 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can I change the cover image of a folder?
Is it a folder with comics inside, or a folder with other subfolders inside?

There is no way to set a custom image for a folder, it is something I want to add to YACReaderLibrary.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Castelgard
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #6473 by Castelgard
Replied by Castelgard on topic Can I change the cover image of a folder?
It's a folder with subfolders inside. The folders that just have comics inside show the first issue for cover, but the ones that have folders inside show an apparently random issue of the first folder that's inside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #6481 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can I change the cover image of a folder?
The comics inside the subfolders don't get sorted before picking one to be used in the top level folder because of performance issues, that causes the problem. I need to find a better solution for that particular situation. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #7739 by MatunaHakaka
Replied by MatunaHakaka on topic Can I change the cover image of a folder?
I'm late but I found a solution to mine, what I do is copy the file of the issue with the cover I want, then paste it on the folder having only subfolders, this way the cover of that folder will be the issue I just copy pasted. It's more of a roundabout way for the lack of feature. Hope it helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!