- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
System Storage gets filled
- Mark750
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 8 months ago #6530
by Mark750
System Storage gets filled was created by Mark750
Hi,
I have the problem that my disk space fills up extremely as system files. I can no longer delete these. Now I have tried a complete reset. Except the standard apps is only the YAC Reader on the Ipad. At first I had about 120gb free. After about 15GB of comics, but now 70GB are occupied (again as Systemdata).
I import the data via file sharing (PDFs) and always in packages of about 1GB. I also get occasional errrors when importing on the Ipad and only a few of the comics end up on the iPad. Does anyone know how I can free up system memory?
I have the problem that my disk space fills up extremely as system files. I can no longer delete these. Now I have tried a complete reset. Except the standard apps is only the YAC Reader on the Ipad. At first I had about 120gb free. After about 15GB of comics, but now 70GB are occupied (again as Systemdata).
I import the data via file sharing (PDFs) and always in packages of about 1GB. I also get occasional errrors when importing on the Ipad and only a few of the comics end up on the iPad. Does anyone know how I can free up system memory?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 8 months ago #6532
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic System Storage gets filled
What kind of PDFs are you importing? Make sure you enable the fast PDF processing option in the Settings tab.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mark750
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #6534
by Mark750
Replied by Mark750 on topic System Storage gets filled
Thx for the fast response, actually I have this enabled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mark750
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #6535
by Mark750
Replied by Mark750 on topic System Storage gets filled
And something I noted today, too. I tried it with dropbox upload. Loaded 1G and it consumes 4 GB on the iPad. Everything as system data when I check in the settings the YACReader only has 46,7 MB.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 8 months ago #6538
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic System Storage gets filled
Are the pdf books or comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mark750
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #6547
by Mark750
Replied by Mark750 on topic System Storage gets filled
They are comic magazines.... noted that when I convert them to CBZ, I don't get this Problem... So I guess it's a problem with PDFs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 8 months ago #6548
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic System Storage gets filled
It looks like it is a problem with the PDFs, for some reasong they are getting pre-rendered by the app and that take the extra space, it shouldn't be the case with most comics in PDF format.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel