Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement

  • wzjjj
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7075 by wzjjj
Most of the pictures in my comics are made of two pages.The order of panel by panel reading mode is chaotic when reading such pictures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7076 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic panel by panel reading mode needs improvement
Spreads should be in separated files, one per page, the app supports double page mode and in that mode the panel order is correct, I guess I can add an option for this, but there is no way to detect if an image is a single spread or two pages together…

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • wzjjj
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7077 by wzjjj
Many software can recognize wide pictures, and then split them into two under the vertical screen, so that the reading experience is better and errors will not be recognized. I think this function can be added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #7078 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic panel by panel reading mode needs improvement
You can recognize wide pictures, in fact YACReader recognizes them in double page mode, but is it a full spread that needs regular reading order? or is it a two pages glued together? I think the source content should meet some standards, and the standard is one image file per page...

Like I said I am not against adding an option, but it will be just a patch to bad formatted comic files.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • wzjjj
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7079 by wzjjj
Many of my comics come from scanning, and most of them are in the form of two pages glued together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • wzjjj
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7080 by wzjjj
Two-page pictures glued together are very common. Common reading software has the function of splitting wide pictures. I'm surprised that yacreader does not have this function so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #7088 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic panel by panel reading mode needs improvement
I don't have a single comic with pages glued, and I think this is the first time the feature has been requested. I have added it to my TODO list, but I can't give you an ETA.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: wzjjj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7143 by Riss77
Same problem here, I bought the app for the panel to panel feature, but it turns out that ALL of the mangas have two pages each, the app reads from right to left jumping to the next page and then back to the previous one to the panels below.

Can this be solved?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #7144 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic panel by panel reading mode needs improvement
I don't know where you are getting your books from, but that's far from standard, I will add a setting control this behaviour eventually, but I would try to find better samples of your mangas, your collection is going to be more future proof if you have a single image per page.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #7146 by Riss77
is probably related to the structure of the Mangas.

Normally the two pages are shown as if you were holding the book in your hand (physically open). Sometimes the panels are shown as two-page spreads. That is why they are compiled in this way

Here you have an example in the same volume in one occasion it is read as two independent pages and following the order in each one.
In the other case (still two physical pages) it is read as if it were a single page.
There are many other readers software that detect this peculiarity.

I hope it will be solved soon because right now the panel-to-panel function for reading manga is not functional.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!