Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

iPad not connecting to YACReaderLibrary

  • Samurai
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #7266 by Samurai
So, this is the whole reason I purchased the app and I can’t get it to work. When I’m home the iPad connects just fine with the YACReaderLibrary method, but when I’m at work it’s not connecting to my library.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #7267 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad not connecting to YACReaderLibrary
When you are at home you are using a local IP in YOUR network, at work you need to use your public IP, the IP your ISP gives to your router. And you also need to enable port forwarding in your router.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samurai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Samurai
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #7268 by Samurai
Replied by Samurai on topic iPad not connecting to YACReaderLibrary
Thank you, I’ll try and test this and search on how to do it at home. Hopefully it’s not as confusing as it sounds to me now. Because I have no idea what port forwarding is but I’m going to google it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #7269 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad not connecting to YACReaderLibrary
There are lots of info about it, let me know if you need any more help.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samurai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!