- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Setup Remote Reading
- ThisbigBLACK
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 2 days ago #783
by ThisbigBLACK
Setup Remote Reading was created by ThisbigBLACK
I've tried searching and cannot find anything to help me set up remote reading. I keep seeing it as a feature, but I have no idea how to access my desktop from my iPad remotely.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
12 years 2 days ago #784
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Setup Remote Reading
1. Install YACReader on your Desktop
2. Start YACReaderLibrary and import some comics
3. In YACReaderLibrary, click on the server icon (between the cog and the help symbol)
4. Scan the server QR code with your iPad
2. Start YACReaderLibrary and import some comics
3. In YACReaderLibrary, click on the server icon (between the cog and the help symbol)
4. Scan the server QR code with your iPad
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 2 days ago #785
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Setup Remote Reading
4.1. In your iPad go to the import section.
4.2. Tap in the "Browse your computer" button.
4.3. Scan the QR code
4.4. You are ready for browsing your library and import or read some comics.
4.2. Tap in the "Browse your computer" button.
4.3. Scan the QR code
4.4. You are ready for browsing your library and import or read some comics.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Molinari
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #831
by Molinari
Replied by Molinari on topic Setup Remote Reading
Hi,
I've followed all the steps and everytime I scan the QR code on my iPad appears this message:«Connection error; Server not found».
(The iPad and the Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi)
What can I do for fix this error?
I've followed all the steps and everytime I scan the QR code on my iPad appears this message:«Connection error; Server not found».
(The iPad and the Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi)
What can I do for fix this error?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 11 months ago #833
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Setup Remote Reading
Are you running a firewall in your Mac? If so, please allow YACReaderLibrary to pass through it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Molinari
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Molinari
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #838
by Molinari
Replied by Molinari on topic Setup Remote Reading
Problem solved. Thank you very much, the App for iPad is beautiful
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ThisbigBLACK
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #1219
by ThisbigBLACK
Replied by ThisbigBLACK on topic Setup Remote Reading
So I gave up in frustration and am now at it again.
I did the steps and this works great on the same network. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on a different wifi network. YACReader sets the IP address as a local network address (192.168...), not a public IP. How can I config YACReader to my public IP?
Also, my firewall is off.
I did the steps and this works great on the same network. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on a different wifi network. YACReader sets the IP address as a local network address (192.168...), not a public IP. How can I config YACReader to my public IP?
Also, my firewall is off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1220
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Setup Remote Reading
I'm not sure if you can do it through YACReader by itself... if you can I'm not sure how.
...but you can use something like DynDNS to access off your local network. I used to do this with another reader.
dyn.com/dns/?utm_expid=53354006-88.q81ZL...%2Fwww.google.com%2F
I, personally, found that I didn't read that much out of my own network so I stopped doing it, but it works fine.
...but you can use something like DynDNS to access off your local network. I used to do this with another reader.
dyn.com/dns/?utm_expid=53354006-88.q81ZL...%2Fwww.google.com%2F
I, personally, found that I didn't read that much out of my own network so I stopped doing it, but it works fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ThisbigBLACK
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #1221
by ThisbigBLACK
Replied by ThisbigBLACK on topic Setup Remote Reading
So I gave up in frustration and am now at it again.
I did the steps and this works great on the same network. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on a different wifi network. YACReader sets the IP address as a local network address (192.168...), not a public IP. How can I config YACReader to my public IP?
Also, my firewall is off.
I did the steps and this works great on the same network. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on a different wifi network. YACReader sets the IP address as a local network address (192.168...), not a public IP. How can I config YACReader to my public IP?
Also, my firewall is off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ThisbigBLACK
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #1222
by ThisbigBLACK
Replied by ThisbigBLACK on topic Setup Remote Reading
Thanks. I actually read this forum post:
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/162-comics-server
It helped me enable port forwarding on my router and now everything seems to work! It feels so good. Unfortunately, as Drybonz indicated, everything cannot be set up through YacReader; You have to configure stuff on your own network as well. It would be nice if YacReader could do this, but I think it's unrealistic as I had to go a few levels into my router to modify this. (I'd never want any program to have this kind of access to my network.)
Thank you all. Now I'm going to g read some comics!
It helped me enable port forwarding on my router and now everything seems to work! It feels so good. Unfortunately, as Drybonz indicated, everything cannot be set up through YacReader; You have to configure stuff on your own network as well. It would be nice if YacReader could do this, but I think it's unrealistic as I had to go a few levels into my router to modify this. (I'd never want any program to have this kind of access to my network.)
Thank you all. Now I'm going to g read some comics!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel