- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Set as unread function doesn't work
- ChrisFhey
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 2 months ago #7703
by ChrisFhey
Set as unread function doesn't work was created by ChrisFhey
I'm running into an issue with the "Set as unread" functionality in YACReader on my iPad pro.
I finished reading one of my manga volumes, and I decided to set it as unread again, but whenever I reopen it from page one, it resets to being completely read again.
My device is an iPad Pro 2018, with iOS 16.5.1.
YACReader version is 3.26.2.0.
I finished reading one of my manga volumes, and I decided to set it as unread again, but whenever I reopen it from page one, it resets to being completely read again.
My device is an iPad Pro 2018, with iOS 16.5.1.
YACReader version is 3.26.2.0.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7704
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
Do you use YACReaderLibrary? Could it be the reading synchronization?
I couldn’t replicate the problem so far.
I couldn’t replicate the problem so far.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ChrisFhey
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #7705
by ChrisFhey
Replied by ChrisFhey on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
I do use YACReaderLibrary. It's running in headless server mode at the moment. However, the books I'm having issues with are imported into my iPad, so I'm not trying the functionality on the remote server.
Would they still potentially be affected by the remote even if imported?
Would they still potentially be affected by the remote even if imported?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7707
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
Go to Import -> YACReaderLibrary -> Check the state of “Update local progress on sync”
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ChrisFhey
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #7708
by ChrisFhey
Replied by ChrisFhey on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
That setting is turned on in my app.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7711
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
Turn it off and try again.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ChrisFhey
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #7713
by ChrisFhey
Replied by ChrisFhey on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
That seems to have fixed it on the local side, but is it expected behaviour that the remote reading progress doesn't get updated?
I've set my book to unread on my local device, but the remote book remains flagged as read, even after hitting the sync progress button. If I interpret the help text correctly, this should sync my reading progress to the remote, and mark the book as unread?
I've set my book to unread on my local device, but the remote book remains flagged as read, even after hitting the sync progress button. If I interpret the help text correctly, this should sync my reading progress to the remote, and mark the book as unread?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7716
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
Sync progress always tries to keep the latest reading position on the server, which is usually the desired effect. Imagine you want to import something to read it again, that doesn't mean that you haven't read that content already, so the server keeps it as read. Maybe I should revisit the sync behavior and add more options...
One thing I want to add though is more control on the remote browser side, so you can set things as "read/unread" remotely for example.
One thing I want to add though is more control on the remote browser side, so you can set things as "read/unread" remotely for example.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ChrisFhey
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 2 months ago #7717
by ChrisFhey
Replied by ChrisFhey on topic Set as unread function doesn't work
I think it would still be nice to have the ability to read a book on the local client, and then continue reading it on the server/remote when you don't have access to your local device. In this case I think it would make sense to have a way to sync your progress again, even though you've already read the book at some point.
I suppose this is a bit of an edge-case though, and being able to easily mark a book as unread on the server from the local client would probably solve this too and be a lot easier to implement.
Anyway, you've already helped me with the update local progress setting, so thank you for that.
I suppose this is a bit of an edge-case though, and being able to easily mark a book as unread on the server from the local client would probably solve this too and be a lot easier to implement.
Anyway, you've already helped me with the update local progress setting, so thank you for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel