Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad

  • oldschoolcomics
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #7760 by oldschoolcomics
Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad was created by oldschoolcomics
I have few .cbr (tried .cbz as well) which I generated using tar on WSL, Windows 10. The files open fine on the YACReader itself or the YACReader Library on Desktop. However, when I try to export them through any means (viz. iTunes, Google Drive, Files app), from the desktop to the iPad, the operation fails and YACReader on iPad returns an error 100. Initially, I thought it was an issue with the application but then I reinstalled and saw other .cbr/.cbz files, not generated by me and which had worked on the iPad earlier, work fine now as well. So I believe, it's an issue on how the new .cbr files were generated at my end. Can you suggest on how to create the .cbr files for the YACReader on iPad? Again, the files work perfectly on the desktop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #7761 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad
If you use tar to create the files the files are going to be tar files. Which aren't supported in the iOS app.

cbz and cbr stand for Comic Book Zip and Comic Book Rar, depending on the format used to pack them, and they are just zip and rar files with the extension name changed from .zip/.rar to .cbz/.cbr

So make sure you just zip your image files into zip file and you should be able to use it in any of the versions of YACReader.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • oldschoolcomics
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #7762 by oldschoolcomics
Replied by oldschoolcomics on topic Same .cbr file opening on Win 10 but not on iPad
Thanks for the prompt response. I used rar, instead of tar, through the WSL terminal, and generated .cbr that way. Now it worked! I had several .cbr files I wanted to generate and that's why wanted to do them through a loop on the terminal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!