Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Requests for features

  • psj3809
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #870 by psj3809
Requests for features was created by psj3809
Only discovered YACReader the other day and promptly bought it. Its very good, just wish there were a few' more features.

1 - Could we have an option for 'normal' Dropbox integration ? I already have my comics in various folders, i dont want to move any into a YACreader folder, cant we just connect to Dropbox and access the files we want ourselves ?

2 - Folder thumbnail, be nice if you put various comics in one folder that it shows an icon with a few comics bunched together (not just one filled in folder graphic)

3 - Different page animation ? I love the traditional 'page curl' animation, any chance of having that as an option ?

4 - I think this is being covered but having the ability to add PDF's is a huge huge must

5 - Double pages on landscape ?

Have you a rough idea when the update featuring PDF support will be out ?

Many thanks for the app

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #871 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Requests for features
Hi psj3809, welcome to the forum.

1- This is on its way (2.0).
2- I will think about it.
3- This is usually done using the private API, and the app can be rejected by Apple during the review process. There are other safer methods, but require much more work. Maybe in future versions....
4- This is on its way (2.0).
5- I don't find this useful for myself, so I always delay it (sorry). It's already scheduled, but I can't give you an ETA yet.

The next major will be YACReader 2.0 for iOS + YACReader 8.0 for desktops, I am working on it, but there is no ETA. As soon as an alpha version will be available I will open a post here for testing, so you will be able to test/use the new features before the final release.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • psj3809
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #877 by psj3809
Replied by psj3809 on topic Requests for features

Luis Ángel wrote: Hi psj3809, welcome to the forum.
5- I don't find this useful for myself, so I always delay it (sorry). It's already scheduled, but I can't give you an ETA yet.


Thanks for the quick reply. I think this one (Double pages on landscape) is quite huge though. I know you dont find it useful but the buying public i think will ! Think its an error if you think what you want from the app as you need sales, so i'm sure the 'public' will like this one ! ;)

Its quite a popular feature on other CBR reader apps and this alone will get you some 'brownie points' regarding features and probably some sales.

I love having double pages on landscape as it just makes it seem even more like a physical magazine/comic and you can also see how some pages are displayed properly.

Eg i've got some PDF's of magazines and they often have a large graphic/photo over 2 pages, seeing it as a single page at a time loses what the designer was trying to do on that page.

Hope you do add that soon though !

Thanks for the reply though
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by psj3809.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!