- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
iPad sync directly with Google Drive library file
- JoaoMarques
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 7 months ago #8199
by JoaoMarques
iPad sync directly with Google Drive library file was created by JoaoMarques
Hello, just wanted to know if this is something in the plans (or giving the idea if it hasn't come yet).
I recently purchased the iPad version, and I'm very happy with it! After some import confusion, it became clear and working very well.
So, here's my scenario:
I have a YACReader library on my laptop synced with google drive, so the comics are there in neat folders and so is the .yacreaderlibrary system folder.
I can sync my iPad reading progress with it via the server method, but of course the computer has to be online. I was wondering if it's possible to implement it to sync directly with the Google Drive's .yacreaderlibrary as to avoid the need to actually have a server (in this case my laptop) online.
I recently purchased the iPad version, and I'm very happy with it! After some import confusion, it became clear and working very well.
So, here's my scenario:
I have a YACReader library on my laptop synced with google drive, so the comics are there in neat folders and so is the .yacreaderlibrary system folder.
I can sync my iPad reading progress with it via the server method, but of course the computer has to be online. I was wondering if it's possible to implement it to sync directly with the Google Drive's .yacreaderlibrary as to avoid the need to actually have a server (in this case my laptop) online.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 7 months ago #8201
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad sync directly with Google Drive library file
I guess that technically it would be possible, I'll think about it but, if it happens, it won't be soon...
Thanks for the idea.
Thanks for the idea.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selflearner
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 4 months ago #8497
by selflearner
Replied by selflearner on topic iPad sync directly with Google Drive library file
Hello there,
First, as a former developer, I want to thank you for this little but powerful and beautiful app you made.
I have been using mac version for long time and very happy with it.
recently, I bought a new ipad mostly forreading comics, and of course I bought ipad version of yacreader.
I'm aware that comic files are compressed and can not be read remotely. and I read your post about it takes time to extract cover from the file. but...
I'm on the same situation with JaoMarques, so,
"I have a YACReader library on my laptop synced with google drive, so the comics are there in neat folders and so is the .yacreaderlibrary system folder."
so it makes us special, right !
we have the db file and all the covers...
in this case, I was thinking if is it possible to sync .yacreaderlibrary and covers with my ipad from drive, so I can browse/view all my library as in my desktop. if I need any comics, I can still import it and read. then I will remove the download but not the cover photos and status of the comic.
what do you think ?
thanks for reading and hope you can manage it sometime.
First, as a former developer, I want to thank you for this little but powerful and beautiful app you made.
I have been using mac version for long time and very happy with it.
recently, I bought a new ipad mostly forreading comics, and of course I bought ipad version of yacreader.
I'm aware that comic files are compressed and can not be read remotely. and I read your post about it takes time to extract cover from the file. but...
I'm on the same situation with JaoMarques, so,
"I have a YACReader library on my laptop synced with google drive, so the comics are there in neat folders and so is the .yacreaderlibrary system folder."
so it makes us special, right !
we have the db file and all the covers...
in this case, I was thinking if is it possible to sync .yacreaderlibrary and covers with my ipad from drive, so I can browse/view all my library as in my desktop. if I need any comics, I can still import it and read. then I will remove the download but not the cover photos and status of the comic.
what do you think ?
thanks for reading and hope you can manage it sometime.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 4 months ago #8498
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad sync directly with Google Drive library file
Yeah, it could be an option, I’ll see how hard is it to implement.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: selflearner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel