Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Timeout opening files in remote library

  • illidan82
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9093 by illidan82
Timeout opening files in remote library was created by illidan82
Hello,

Yesterday I installed the official YacReader Library docker image ( registry.hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver ) in a NAS Synology and configured a simple library (5 files, 4 cbr and 1 pdf).

Then, when I go to my Ipad or IPhone, using YacReader, I am able to navigate through the library and see covers, etc... but when I try to open any file (PDF or CBR), I get a timeout in the screen (in Spanish "Agotado el tiempo de espera. No se ha podido conectar a YACReaderLibrary"). That's weird, since the app is able to communicate with the library for seeing the covers.

In the log of the server, this message appears when I try to open the file

WARN 2024-12-19T09:49:00.949 QIODevice::write (QTcpSocket): device not open
WARN 2024-12-19T09:49:01.110 QIODevice::write (QTcpSocket): device not open
WARN 2024-12-19T09:49:01.270 QIODevice::write (QTcpSocket): device not open
WARN 2024-12-19T09:49:01.306 QIODevice::write (QTcpSocket): device not open

"Import" option also does not work, printing the same message in the log, and "Error importando cómics. Hubo errores al importar, por favor, comprueba sus archivos y/o tu conexión de red (Reached max retries for getting a page)"


Can someone help me with suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9094 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Timeout opening files in remote library
I think the problem is that the server can't open the files for some reason. Did you create the library using the docker container or was it an existing library? Did you move the comics or changed the path after creating the library? If so you need to update it. While you are browsing your contents the server uses the DB to provide information, but when you try to open/import it has to access the actual file an open it.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • illidan82
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9098 by illidan82
Replied by illidan82 on topic Timeout opening files in remote library
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try again later today. I created the library using the container using YACReaderLibraryServer, I didn't have any library before. But it is true I didn't understand at the beginning the difference between add-library and create-library, so I had some problems there and tried different options. Maybe I did something wrong. I will update-library to check that everything works ok there, and will come back with the result

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • illidan82
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9102 by illidan82
Replied by illidan82 on topic Timeout opening files in remote library
Hello again,

Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried to start everything again so 1) I removed the library using remove-library command in the container 2) Delete manually the folder with the library (database and covers, mainly) and 3) checked that list-libraries in the container was not returning any library.

Once done that, I created a fresh library, with the command "create-library LibName /comics/lib/". After some time, everything is parsed and the library is created, but I have the same behaviour.

I tried a couple of things:

* I opened the database and checked if the paths to the comics were ok. I think that they were correct and point to the location of the comics. I noticed that they seem to be relative to the position of the ".yacreaderlibrary" folder, so I assume they will preprend the initial part of the path during execution.

* I tried to augment the verbosity of the logging info, tryinh to identify exactly the place of the proiblem, but I didn't understand how the container works and how it launches the service (too much for me), so I failed on that.

Last thing, I am using the container in develop tag (updated some days ago). Could that be the problem?

Do you have some advise? I like the tool and would like to have it working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9103 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Timeout opening files in remote library
The develop tag is the right one, until 9.15 is released there won't be a stable build.

And yes, the paths should be relative to the root folder where the library is.

Since the library creation seems to be working fine it's really weird that the comics can't be opened later for reading or importing (if that's the actual issue)...hmmm

I'll get back to you if I find any clues.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9104 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Timeout opening files in remote library
What’s the size of the comics? Did you tried with different types of files?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!