- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer
- ww26
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 9 months ago #9151
by ww26
Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer was created by ww26
I read through '
ios.yacreader.com/user-guide/
'. I have purchased YACReader on iOS and iPad OS. I installed YACReaderLibraryServer on my local Ubuntu NAS. I can successfully browse this library on NAS and import any given comic to YACReader's library.
It seems I cannot read directly on the remote library and keep the progress if I swipe out in the middle of reading. I can only keep the progress if I import the comic to my iPhone/iPad. Is this true?
'Import', is actually downloading the whole comic to iPhone/iPad. iPhone/iPad storage is precious. It would be highly beneficial, if I can just stream reading the comic from the connected NAS, given the fact that I can already browse them.
It seems I cannot read directly on the remote library and keep the progress if I swipe out in the middle of reading. I can only keep the progress if I import the comic to my iPhone/iPad. Is this true?
'Import', is actually downloading the whole comic to iPhone/iPad. iPhone/iPad storage is precious. It would be highly beneficial, if I can just stream reading the comic from the connected NAS, given the fact that I can already browse them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #9154
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer
No, the progress is send to the server when you read remotely once the reader is closed. Double check that the server can write to the DB, it could be a write permissions problem.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ww26
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 9 months ago #9155
by ww26
Replied by ww26 on topic Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer
thank you, and you are right about the permission issue. Now I can read remotely and see the updated progress.
One additional question: how do I remove certain comic from the 'Continue Reading' panel for a remote library?
One additional question: how do I remove certain comic from the 'Continue Reading' panel for a remote library?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9156
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer
It can’t be done yet but I have plans for adding some management options to the remote browser.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: ww26
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ww26
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 9 months ago #9164
by ww26
Replied by ww26 on topic Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer
In `docker logs yacreaderlibraryserver` I often see the following lines:
`WARN 2024-12-28T09:20:25.339 QIODevice::write (QTcpSocket): device not open`
What does this indicate?
`WARN 2024-12-28T09:20:25.339 QIODevice::write (QTcpSocket): device not open`
What does this indicate?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9165
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import, progress, and YACReaderLibraryServer
I don’t know the exact source of that warning.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel